e max high opacity

Gdentallab

Gdentallab

Reaction score
Hello.
I have a full upper arch to be made with emax press.
All prep are gold post n cores.
The opposing are natural teeth color A1 with high translucent on the incisal edge.
I thought to use the HO1 ingots to mask the post and cores. But still confused what ceramic to use to get the best results. Any suggestions?

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
I use e.max ceram......

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
well i mean should i use deep dentin? opal enamel? or simply a1 dentin with oe2?

I have to use HO ingots quite a bit to mask out underlying discoloration.
Wax it exactly like a pfm with metal lingual.
Press the facial at .8 then thin it to .6.
You can cut back the margin and fire a porc shoulder or just carefully thin it which is what I do.

If you choose you can stain the coping, mabey a light wash of yellow on the margin and interproximal and mabey some incisal blue/violet on the incisal area if you want but err on the light side.
You may want to do your wash bake with deep dentin or dust it with DD.
Often I stain then dust it with DD and fire as my wash bake.

Then just build like you would with a normal pfm, A1 and Incisal 1.
I usually dont use the opal incisals as my primary layering incisal but as a overlay on top of the reg incisal or straight in certian areas I want to highlight or want higher value. Sometimes OE is good where you transition from the edge of the coping to your layering material.

I mostly use the OE incisals to overlay on top of the reg incisal on the M & D line angles and the HOC. That gives it that kind of pearl look vs using it straight which is for a white incisal look.
But you are starting with a high value core and you need to lower the value so I would not use OE straight for incisal.

Clear as mud?

Al

finnster68

finnster68

Yep im an Aussie
Reaction score
Al
Are you saying you can cut HO back to .6mm and it will mask out a P/C

Top Bottom