E.Max Glaze

Gdentallab

Gdentallab

Reaction score
white rubber then GC luster . Gives great results.

P

paulg100

Reaction score
i use the empress stains on everything now charles, metal, emax, zirconia.

It has a much larger range of shades unlike the emax or gc stains which are just a,b,c &d.

Makes it easier to get the shades you want.

For emax monolithic, just pre-condition with fine diamond, then rubbers then apply the gc luster, then just paint on the empress colours you want, vibrate a little, then fire on normal luster cycle.

You can get good shades matches and glaze in 1 fire no problem, and shift around 2 shades fine.

The only benefit with the GC luster paste is you can stain and glaze in 1 hit. If you gonna do seperate stain and glze then the emax glaze works fine, just bump the temp upto 810. if you try and stain glaze in one hit with the regular emax glaze though, it will come out dull.

Saving 1 firing cycle adds up so i think its worth it.

J

jackk

Reaction score
I saw that is important do not dry glazed work very quickly. Put it in the owen at 160-190 degree celsius and then start the glaze program. For monolithic i use Akzent from Vita and 850 degree C for 2 minutes .

Take care where you put the work - on the plate or on the pins with object fix.

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
I have to do one stain and two glaze. Hit it with DVA zircon brite occasionally and good to go.

Last edited:
RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
I dont have the exact name of the wheel but it's a flimsy Mizzy with diamonds on the underside. I go over the surface lightly then wash dust off with water. Apply glaze and stain, and fire 10 degrees (F) hotter than the manual states. One firing with the occasional polishing needed.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
White wheel, fire stain mixed w/some glaze, then just strictly a glaze firing when I use E.max glaze/paste. For GC it's white wheel, stain and glaze in one firing, then DVA zicon brite for any extra shininess.