DWX50 Spindles

D

DawgFan101

Reaction score
Hey all......anyone have any spindles for the DWX50? We had them refurbished but it only lasted about 2 months. Anyone here
repaired them yourselves, or know of any new ones for sale? Thanks guys.

Nick CDT

RCKSTR

RCKSTR

Reaction score
When I had a 50, We'd disassemble the spindle, take the bearings to a local machine shop, and match them up with quality German made ones.

F

FASTFNGR

Reaction score
Hey all......anyone have any spindles for the DWX50? We had them refurbished but it only lasted about 2 months. Anyone here
repaired them yourselves, or know of any new ones for sale? Thanks guys.

Nick CDT
We have done. Take the spindle apart and change the bearings . There are different kind of bearings but when you do it yourself it does not cost much and it takes 45min.

D

DawgFan101

Reaction score
We have done. Take the spindle apart and change the bearings . There are different kind of bearings but when you do it yourself it does not cost much and it takes 45min.
Do you use any lubrication? White lithium grease?

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
I did service the spindle once, made my own tools to disassemble, used quality replacement bearings, cost was about fifty bucks IIRC...good as new ;)

F

FASTFNGR

Reaction score
Do you use any lubrication? White lithium grease?
I did not. I did not know whether the original had been greased or not, so I did mot take a chance. The one thing I have noticed is that the originals had the bearings completely covered close to the axle. The one I replaced did not have that.

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
I did service the spindle once, made my own tools to disassemble, used quality replacement bearings, cost was about fifty bucks IIRC...good as new ;)
Here's how I did it... should've taken more pics...Bird

rc75

rc75

Sponsors
Reaction score
My buddy / customer has a DWX 50 for sale here in Southern California. TOTALLY redone by Roland
in December of 2019 and was only used to make sure it worked correctly after it was rebuilt. It was
his " back up " mill but he hasn't used it at all. DM me if you have questions or this thread will be 5000000
responses long LOL !