DWX-50 not calibrating

N

NickB

Reaction score
We have two Roland DWX50 machines. Our older one refuses to calibrate. We changed the motor/spindle last year and all worked fine.
Lately, it will calibrate half way just fine, then suddenly, the thing will just stop calibrating and give me an error message saying "unexpected error,
if there is milling waste, clean it away."

I cleaned the machines just fine before calibrating. And this one machine just refuses to calibrate no matter how much I clean it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Nick

Glenn Kennedy

Glenn Kennedy

Reaction score
You mentioned that you cleaned the machine but did you also clean the underside of the material holder/rotary axis? I have seen machine's cleaned from the top side but when the calibration process flips the 4th axis their is Zr dust that keeps the probe from making electrical contact. The pockets in the 4th axis also need to be clean for calibration to work correctly.

Levire

Levire

Reaction score
I had the same problem with our DWX-50 as well. Calibration went fine until almost the very end, then it would stop and throw an error. I kept rebooting the pc and before opening any other programs, would try calibrating. It eventually worked. Don't ask how or why, cuz I don't know. GL!

Jenners

Jenners

Reaction score
I've had that happen. There's usually some minute amount of dust that I missed, generally residing in the holes that are on the frame holder.
I clean again and it goes fine after that.

Glenn Kennedy

Glenn Kennedy

Reaction score
You mentioned that you cleaned the machine but did you also clean the underside of the material holder/rotary axis? I have seen machine's cleaned from the top side but when the calibration process flips the 4th axis their is Zr dust that keeps the probe from making electrical contact. The pockets in the 4th axis also need to be clean for calibration to work correctly.

Wow, I wrote that too fast and did not proof read. I read it today and saw a few grammatical errors. Edited version below:

You mentioned that you cleaned the machine but did you also clean the underside of the material holder/rotary axis? I have seen machines cleaned from the top side but when the calibration process flips the 4th axis there is Zr dust that keeps the probe from making electrical contact. The pockets in the 4th axis also need to be clean for calibration to work correctly.

Razvan

Razvan

Reaction score
Guys... it looks like this issue is common for our old 50-DWX... I am having the exact problem... I changed the spindle last year in spring and after a few months (and about 700 hours of working) I encounter this issue for the first time last month. When it calibrates and close to the end it makes a loudy sound (like a sudden block of the spindle rotation rpm!) and gives me the error with "cutting waste, USB cable disconnect" etc. I tought it was an isolated case... on the second try it worked... then last week I calibrated it again and had the same issue fir 3 times until it worked ok... I tried tightening and unttightening the collet, the machine was spotless clean, I am doing this for years now so this problem mever happenede... I made a run in all good... eventually it calibrated...

However, today I was milling a case and out of a sudden i got the ERR messagge "Reboot the machine" and that loud sound of the spindle (like a sudden break of rotation). I think it happened while changing the burs 2 to 1. In order to see if there is a problem with the file I milled again the same .prn and had no issues.

Please tell me how can this calibration issue be solved if anyone managed to find the cause?

P

Padilleitor

Reaction score
Yo tengo el mismo error. No se a que se puede deber, pero me está volviendo loco!

[modedit: I have the same error. I don't know what it could be, but it's driving me crazy!}

Por favor, uso translate.google.com or otro cambio del idioma por person no tiene Espanol. Lo siente, mi espanol es muy mal.

Last edited by a moderator:
AGV

AGV

Reaction score
I'm sorry. Bad news for you allI. I had that exact problem 3 years ago. The Zr powder is introduced inside the groove in the back shown in the pic, then cracks the motherboard. It has to be replaced. Mucho $$. Take care to seal that groove as shown.

Attachments

• 20210218_090231.jpg
    20210218_090231.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 34
P

Padilleitor

Reaction score
Gracias por responder. La verdad es que abrí esa parte de la máquina, y me sorprendió, bastante limpio. Pero lo tendré en cuenta. Gracias

Top Bottom