DWX-4 replacement spindle compatible with DWX-50?

D

DawgFan101

Reaction score
We have two DWX-50 milling machines and one DWX-52DCI machine. I see the DWX-4 spindle is compatible with the DWX-52DCI. Is it also compatible with the
DWX-50? Roland says they have no more replacement spindles for the DWX-50, so once these current spindles we have go out, we're screwed. Any help would be appreciated.

Nick

F

FASTFNGR

Reaction score
We have two DWX-50 milling machines and one DWX-52DCI machine. I see the DWX-4 spindle is compatible with the DWX-52DCI. Is it also compatible with the
DWX-50? Roland says they have no more replacement spindles for the DWX-50, so once these current spindles we have go out, we're screwed. Any help would be appreciated.

Nick
You can get that spindle refurbished easily.

D

DawgFan101

Reaction score
You can get that spindle refurbished easily.
I know, but the refurbished spindles have a life that is half that of a new one. Im guessing economically it would be best to get them refurbished. But front office still wants an option to buy new ones.

N

Nenad

Reaction score

Nick
I do rebuild spindles it cost 650 CAD$ one day service

F

FullPartial

Reaction score
I do rebuild spindles it cost 650 CAD$ one day service
Can you expand on your one day spindle rebuild? What are you fixing and how are you testing run out, concentricity etc

N

Nenad

Reaction score
I do repair all lab equipments include rebuilding Roland spindles and sintering furnaces.All kind of thermocouple. In business here and back in Europe for 35 years.Since now in last two year no one return or complain on rebuilded spindle.As I have feedback all is positive.