Dust extractor + thermoforming machine = what kind of air compressor+ dryer?

K

kirby85

Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm starting out a new lab for two technicians in a small office, and I have no clue which air compressor + dryer to get? o_O
I was planning to run the renfert bagless double operator dust extractor and the biostar thermoforming on it?

Could someone please help guide me on this?

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
In a small dental office or just a small office? Attach into the dental compressor if in a dental office. I prefer a bag on my dust extractor way cleaner process.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Look for used dental compressors on craigslist. I have found $5000 jun air compressors for $500, that are like 100% duty cycle, meaning you can just let it run 24/7. It will have the dryer on it and much quieter than a store bought. Having said that, if thats all you need the air for, you could use a pancake compressor inside a cabinet to get started. Biostar doesnt need much air, and the air for the suction is just to blow the filter out, at least thats how my vaniman vsix is.

K

kirby85

Reaction score
In a small dental office or just a small office? Attach into the dental compressor if in a dental office. I prefer a bag on my dust extractor way cleaner process.
Its just a independent small office, what dust extractor are you using? I was offered a choice of renfert silent TC2, Zubler extraction unit or AX mX800 (from ebay)?

Look for used dental compressors on craigslist. I have found $5000 jun air compressors for $500, that are like 100% duty cycle, meaning you can just let it run 24/7. It will have the dryer on it and much quieter than a store bought. Having said that, if thats all you need the air for, you could use a pancake compressor inside a cabinet to get started. Biostar doesnt need much air, and the air for the suction is just to blow the filter out, at least thats how my vaniman vsix is.
Thank you! That's such a bargain! Do you know what specs roughly of an air compressor I need?