Duplication distortion

F

FASTFNGR

Reaction score
Hi everyone.
I have issue that maybe often happens in most removable lab
The problem is distortion in duplication model
When we do removable like acrylic denture or thermoplastic denture, we need to duplicate the master working model with alginate or pvs, and then use the duplicated model for processing the denture, but sometimes the results going wrong. The denture sometimes really cannot fit to the master model that we duplicated before.

So im thinking for solving this problem by using 3d printer, so i scan the master model and i print it using phrozen TR 250LV high thermal resin. And then use the 3d model for processing the denture (boling out the wax and then packing/injecting the acrylic/thermoplastic)

What do you guys think ?

I attach the resin physical properties
Duplicate using hydrocolloid for accuracy, press on the master and fit on the dup. Never process a denture on 3D printed model it will stick to it no matter what you put as separation and it might distort under heat.

D

Diastema

Reaction score
Hi everyone.
I have issue that maybe often happens in most removable lab
The problem is distortion in duplication model
When we do removable like acrylic denture or thermoplastic denture, we need to duplicate the master working model with alginate or pvs, and then use the duplicated model for processing the denture, but sometimes the results going wrong. The denture sometimes really cannot fit to the master model that we duplicated before.

So im thinking for solving this problem by using 3d printer, so i scan the master model and i print it using phrozen TR 250LV high thermal resin. And then use the 3d model for processing the denture (boling out the wax and then packing/injecting the acrylic/thermoplastic)

What do you guys think ?

I attach the resin physical properties
Have you tried duplicating your models with a duplicating material instead of alginate?
I use the Zhermack elite double 22 for models and the double 10 for single dies. For your use the 22 would do it, I think. It' s harder than the double 10 and it s super accurate. I' ve done some crown cross mounting for demo purposes and it worked out just fine. Accurate. Expensive, but accurate.
Give it a shot!
Hope it helps