DS-EX Exocad Panadent scans

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Anyone have insight on how to get the shining 3d to properly scan the Panadent PSH articulated models? obviously i have selected it as the articulator....it went through scanning the preop, and working arch, but never asked for bite, or even the opposing (yes, it was created properly in exocad)

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Is there a specific scan plate for the lower arch model? This is how the other articulators are registered into exocad coordinate system.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Is there a specific scan plate for the lower arch model? This is how the other articulators are registered into exocad coordinate system.
theres a plate thing the articulator is supposed to sit on.....but its not even registering that i need to scan the lower, let alone the bite scan.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
might try to run it through as a PCH and see if that does anything different

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
theres a plate thing the articulator is supposed to sit on.....but its not even registering that i need to scan the lower, let alone the bite scan.
You need a scan plate for the specific articulator not generic articulator holder
I have one for Artex, Denar, SAM articulators for DOF scanner.
When I got the Denar scan plate I had to add some lines to xml settings file. Maybe you need same?? Have you contacted Jake the Wise about what you need to make work with DS-EX scanner and software?

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
You need a scan plate for the specific articulator not generic articulator holder
I have one for Artex, Denar, SAM articulators for DOF scanner.
When I got the Denar scan plate I had to add some lines to xml settings file. Maybe you need same?? Have you contacted Jake the Wise about what you need to make work with DS-EX scanner and software?
i spoke w him earlier in the week enough to know i need this generic articulator holder and nothing more. i dont have a DOF, so extra plates arent required. just didnt get to the chance to scan until today
hes out sick or i would have this resolved.

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
in the middle thats arti transfer for Artex dont think it exists offical for Panadent most time a license vs money problem one is bite and one arti transfer same same but different .works the same way as dof or all the others

Attachments

• Shining.png
    Shining.png
    335.3 KB · Views: 25
sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
as expected, no transfer plates needed. scan complete! @2thm8kr

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
How does the arch get registered into the virtual articulator?
there is a T shaped platform thats placed on the scanner after the swing arm moves out of the way. then the bite is scanned.

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
there is a T shaped platform thats placed on the scanner after the swing arm moves out of the way. then the bite is scanned.
thats only bite scan not quick mount vs arti relation scan.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
thats only bite scan not quick mount vs arti relation scan.
as i originally stated i only wanted " insight on how to get the shining 3d to properly scan the Panadent PSH articulated models "

mission completed.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
as i originally stated i only wanted " insight on how to get the shining 3d to properly scan the Panadent PSH articulated models "

mission completed.
Yeah, so how about an explanation of how it works for the next guy since everything in this thread is as clear as mud?

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
@2thm8kr here ya go!
not sure what else you need. you have to select that youre scanning an articulator so the swing arm moves.....otherwise, thats the instructions. i was missing that selection and thats it.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
@2thm8kr here ya go!
not sure what else you need. you have to select that youre scanning an articulator so the swing arm moves.....otherwise, thats the instructions. i was missing that selection and thats it.
So when you scan on the panadent articulator it registers into exocad the position of the mounted models? It matches on screen in virtual articulator what you see in real articulator mounting? OR you are just scanning the bite on a panadent articulator without virtual articulator involved? There is a difference.

Last edited:
sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
So when you scan on the panadent articulator it registers into exocad the position of the mounted models? It matches on screen in virtual articulator what you see in real articulator mounting? OR you are just scanning the bite on a panadent articulator without virtual articulator involved? There is a difference.
just bite scan, thats all i needed. thats why i said "then the bite is scanned" ;)

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
just bite scan, thats all i needed. thats why i said "then the bite is scanned" ;)
Thanks for clarifying because I can be dense!
Do you know if there is a special scan plate for each articulator with that scanner system?

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Thanks for clarifying because I can be dense!
Do you know if there is a special scan plate for each articulator with that scanner system?
i am not aware if there is or not. i would presume there would be for at least some of them. it seems the panadent isnt a super popular articulator for some, so not exactly sure if they have that part set up or not. i do believe some articulators have plates for the DS-EX. but im pretty good at being wrong about things, so take that with a few grains of whatever lol. youre also not dense, cmon now haha!

Top Bottom