download

nancon1

nancon1

Reaction score
Can someone help me with a link to download the softwear for a scanpost from Straumann it has ref. nr 048.069, doesn´t look like Straumann Cadcam support knows what what the heck they are doin... we use exocad.
Thanx in advance

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
Cadcam support knows what what the heck they are doin...
I can't help you with your question, sorry, but this has been our experience too... Not necessarily with Straumann, but in general. Although it has gotten better lately...

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
there are several things you will need to do before you can upload to Straumann from Exocad.
it isn't as easy as downloading their library. also the Straumann reference number you posted isn't valid. or its not US based?

after 3 days with tech support, they were no help. and likely won't be in the near future.
PM sent. if you text me tomorrow I'll make time to walk you thru it

nancon1

nancon1

Reaction score
Thanx.
I am based in Sweden.
And just found out Straumann does no longer support this scanbody with softwear. However Dr in Island just managed to purchase the thing, the entire situation is bananas....

tehnik

tehnik

Reaction score
I don't see, that there is anything said about uploading job to Straumann. The problem is, that it is old scan body and I am not sure that it is supported in newer implant library, that can be downloaded for example from exocad homepage. So you either have to find older library or use new scan body (on the left).

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    26.9 KB · Views: 12
nancon1

nancon1

Reaction score
I don't see, that there is anything said about uploading job to Straumann. The problem is, that it is old scan body and I am not sure that it is supported in newer implant library, that can be downloaded for example from exocad homepage. So you either have to find older library or use new scan body (on the left).
We have already all downloads from Straumann library. The issue here, is that Dr managed to purchase, from whoever, this old scanbody, after several hours Straumann let us know they nolonger support this relief of a scanbody.
Dr will purchase a newer and rescan.
Thanx all for your support.

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
WN scanbody.. I'm pretty sure Straumann hasn't changed their scan body geometry.
meaning old or new libraries will work just fine

npdynamite

npdynamite

Reaction score
Can't help with this specifically, but I would suggest calling your Exocad support rather than Straumann if you haven't already. They will be better versed in setting things up on the exocad side. As for downloads, this should be the link, though it could be slightly different if you arent in the us.

I believe the library is considered "global" and you will want local milling if you want to do the milling or centralized milling if you want straumann to

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
there is a lot more to it than that. you won't get the file you need from their download site. you need to update the library from within the design. a different library than on the connectivity site. also, you aren't doing anything unless you set the order up correctly.

npdynamite

npdynamite

Reaction score
Forgive my ignorance as I am far more experienced with 3Shape over Exocad. But what files are we talking about? The original question is about getting the correct digital library for Exocad for a specific scan body. Clearly at some level this has to come from Straumann, so how are you suggesting that you update the Exocad library from within the design? And what files and from where do they come from if not the ones Straumann supplies? Also, I think it's safe to assume that you aren't doing anything if you don't set the order up correctly, but what bearing does that have on adding implant libraries to Exocad?

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
almost 3 days with tech support myself. no solution from them at all. I in fact did everything they told me not to do.

you will need to request the files before they will download.. an online form pops up. you will also need to update the upload portal (Straumann will tell you not to) when you update the portal, you will have access to the "new" instructions for upload. that's why I asked him in msg if he was US based.

the order set up is wankey just like everything else, overcomplicated. and by "order set up correctly" (correctly as far as Straumann goes isn't how anyone would go about setting up an order) that's what I mean.

I talked to 7 people at Straumann, 1 person had been there long term. even that "1 person" had no clue.

Last edited:
npdynamite

npdynamite

Reaction score
Ok, is this specific to if you want Straumann to do manufacturing? I think that may be my confusion

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
Forgive my ignorance as I am far more experienced with 3Shape over Exocad. But what files are we talking about? The original question is about getting the correct digital library for Exocad for a specific scan body. Clearly at some level this has to come from Straumann, so how are you suggesting that you update the Exocad library from within the design? And what files and from where do they come from if not the ones Straumann supplies? Also, I think it's safe to assume that you aren't doing anything if you don't set the order up correctly, but what bearing does that have on adding implant libraries to Exocad?
I'm a 3Shape user as well, 3 months only with live cases in Exocad. I'll post the the workthru when I can..
there are definitely others on here with a hell of a lot more experience,

there are three versions (or were a week ago) in dental share to choose from.. 2 are rabbit holes, but you won't know it until you go to check out and send

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
Ok, is this specific to if you want Straumann to do manufacturing? I think that may be my confusion
yes. specifically Straumann OEM milled in Arlington

npdynamite

npdynamite

Reaction score
Ok, I was only thinking of installing a library to design from, not thinking at all about uploading to Straumann.

I'm a 3Shape user as well, 3 months only with live cases in Exocad. I'll post the the workthru when I can..
there are definitely others on here with a hell of a lot more experience,

there are three versions (or were a week ago) in dental share to choose from.. 2 are rabbit holes, but you won't know it until you go to check out and send
Ok, yeah I'm getting comfy with Exocad but haven't delved into a lot of setup stuff yet. Just want to make sure if I offer advice or insight and it's very off base, that I know what I have wrong so I can learn as well

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
it was actually a pretty big problem..
I love Exocad over 3shape, its so much more intuitive, but it also isn't in my "wheel house".
I sat on the Exocad trainer for months, doesn't really prepare you for a conversation with a major brand that basically tells you they don't want your business, and despite the fact that they set up the rediculous portal with no intention of ever learning wtf to do with it is mind numbing to me.

add in the fact that the abutment came back fk'd-up 10 ways silly, with 3 $209 dollar charges is flat out unacceptable to me. I am restraining myself as I beat the piss out of my keyboard.

npdynamite

npdynamite

Reaction score
Interesting, I find I like 3shape more because I find Exocad incredibly clunky and unintuitive, but I like it for some of it's toolsets. I will say it's beginning to seem standard that custom support reps from just about any company don't know what they are talking about which is extremely frustrating.

Unfortunate experience with Straumann. I generally like them, and have never had any issues working with them from 3Shape. At this point though I don't ever have them mill anything, so I don't have to deal with their portal or anything else, which could definitely affect my view

nancon1

nancon1

Reaction score
This is the famous scanbody the this thread started with.
Seems no old files for this is reachable.

Attachments

• 048.069.PNG
    048.069.PNG
    41.5 KB · Views: 6
Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
and ive also done well with Straumann, the bulk of my custom abutments were Straumann while I was working for lab a and b.
note: I haven't designed an abutment in quite some time, a year for a Straumann file. What I received the other day had nothing to do design and everything to do with manufacturing. now, this could be a "fluke", we shall see. but it's likely it isn't.

Dr. wants OEM. then what. I'll be delivering a case I'm in no way happy with. and no way to change it.

doug

doug

Reaction score
This is the famous scanbody the this thread started with.
Seems no old files for this is reachable.
That was discontinued quite a while back. Worked with the itero/straumann implant workflow.