Doing partial dentures with 3Shape full denture

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
of course its "a bit tricky" 3shape wants you to EITHER design a partial denture frame, OR design a full denture. you cannot add teeth to a partial denture frame in the software. 3shape decided there was no point in giving that functionality.

so you have to get a little crazy with the termination borders and splines in the full denture software.

there is nobody that has a guide, because its always trial and error.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Seems like you scan your partially edentulous model, enter as full denture omitting teeth that are not being replaced and then draw your border accordingly, I imagine this is for valplast cases maybe? you can probably design your clasps and rests by simply drawing a spline.

G

Gohan alshreky

Reaction score
I
Seems like you scan your partially edentulous model, enter as full denture omitting teeth that are not being replaced and then draw your border accordingly, I imagine this is for valplast cases maybe? you can probably design your clasps and rests by simply drawing a spline.
I have try what you said but i failed can you put stepsby step

G

Gohan alshreky

Reaction score
of course its "a bit tricky" 3shape wants you to EITHER design a partial denture frame, OR design a full denture. you cannot add teeth to a partial denture frame in the software. 3shape decided there was no point in giving that functionality.

so you have to get a little crazy with the termination borders and splines in the full denture software.

there is nobody that has a guide, because its always trial and error.
Have you tried it,, if you do tell me how

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
tried it, concluded it was not possible, moved on.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
I dont have the denture module so I cant tell you how to do it. Figuring anything out in 3shape is trickery and trial and error. "I failed" doesnt tell me anything useful about why it didnt work. Did you get errors?

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I dont have the denture module so I cant tell you how to do it. Figuring anything out in 3shape is trickery and trial and error. "I failed" doesnt tell me anything useful about why it didnt work. Did you get errors?
it's more like" oh look ,a squirrel" :cool:

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
the results i wanted to see on the screen could not be generated with the tools in the module. ergo, for my purposes i had to move on.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
4bf9cbe0280a98724cdeb72e7c05d086.jpg

B

Brandon Patrick

Reaction score
Juko

Juko

Reaction score
They're not designing over a metal frame. This would be an acrylic RPD without clasping. You would still need to grind and add wrought wire or shoot flexible clasping once that is perfected, unless you want to make a flipper..
Almost sounds like you’re taking a taxi five miles out just to take you to the place one block over.

B

Brandon Patrick

Reaction score
Almost sounds like you’re taking a taxi five miles out just to take you to the place one block over.
It feels that way! If you were just making one or two at a time, it wouldn't really save you any time. There is still much to be worked out before dentures (or acrylic RPDs in this case) can be a completely digital solution.

C

Chopinne

Reaction score
Hello!!

Did anyone found a way to do parcials dentures in 3shape?

Thanks!!!

Top Bottom