DOF VS MEDIT

J

jack1

Reaction score
Hi guys, I need help deciding which company I should go with? any advice is highly appreciated, thanks in advance

J

jack1

Reaction score
We have a DOF HD and it is a great piece of equipment.
thank you , I'm between HD and UHD, I've been told UHD needs advanced computer with better graphic card and processor, do you think HD is enough for a dental lab, I've heard both of them are pretty accurate, I personally want the UHD but I don't know the difference, it is going to be my first scanner, once again thank you for sharing your experience.

mightymouse

mightymouse

Reaction score
DOF has been our workhouse for 6 years. Only one issue in all those years and it was a simple over the phone solution with minimal disassembly. If your computer is less than 3 years old and does designing I don’t see any issues with the UHD version.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
I'm a Medit guy myself, had medit scanners since 2009 from FMRs, to multiple implant cases and denture scans in 12 secs with the T700. I don't have anything bad to say about DOF either, great scanner. I know my friends that do large implant cases prefer to use UHD due to the cross arch accuracy being better is what they told me.

J

jack1

Reaction score
I'm a Medit guy myself, had medit scanners since 2009 from FMRs, to multiple implant cases and denture scans in 12 secs with the T700. I don't have anything bad to say about DOF either, great scanner. I know my friends that do large implant cases prefer to use UHD due to the cross arch accuracy being better is what they told me.
thank you 🙏

J

jack1

Reaction score
DOF has been our workhouse for 6 years. Only one issue in all those years and it was a simple over the phone solution with minimal disassembly. If your computer is less than 3 years old and does designing I don’t see any issues with the UHD version.
my CPU is I5, and I bought the computer just 6 months ago, it's Lenovo Legion T5 26IOB6, good graphic card, I will most probably go with the UHD , since it has the 5 MP camera, even though the HD has a 2MP camera but the accuracy on both is 7 micron, it's a little confusing, I can't thank you enough for your feedback 🙏

doug

doug

Reaction score
HD will do all you will need.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
I dont trust DOF, Medit does the job.

Z

ztech

Reaction score
any preference ?? HD vs UHD??
Depends on your downstream inputs. The HD scans in the 10 micron range of accuracy where the UHD is sub 5. If you want to do milled bar restorations, definitely the UHD. Otherwise the HD is a great scanner. I have had mine for 5 years, no problems.

PRO ARTS DL

PRO ARTS DL

Reaction score
What's not to trust? I'm curious.
I have a feeling it has to do with the DOF Mill they ended up pulling out.

DOF has a great record but I've hard they handled their issues with their mill very poorly.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Anyone on the street can sell you something, but who can sell you something the price of a new car and stand behind it? Imagine buying a new car that the dealer wont touch within a year and you cant buy parts for within 3 years. Imagine having to pay more money to trade it in and get a different brand...while they take yours to the dump. Sorry I know theyre a sponsor here, but I dont support unethical business practices and I'll speak out until Its proven otherwise.

Gru

Gru

Reaction score
DOF HD will do all you need. If you want an upgrade in the future I was quietly told it's possible to swap cameras for the UHD. Same box and mechanics. Great scanner.

J

jack1

Reaction score
DOF HD will do all you need. If you want an upgrade in the future I was quietly told it's possible to swap cameras for the UHD. Same box and mechanics. Great scanner.
I will probably go with the HD then 🤞 , since everyone is saying it will do the job

Gru

Gru

Reaction score
I will probably go with the HD then 🤞 , since everyone is saying it will do the job
Keep in mind if you want to impression scan it's not always straight forward. You usually can get it, but are best pouring a single die and adding it to the scan for accuracy.

J

jack1

Reaction score
Keep in mind if you want to impression scan it's not always straight forward. You usually can get it, but are best pouring a single die and adding it to the scan for accuracy.
do you think it’s straight forward with the UHD ?

Gru

Gru

Reaction score
do you think it’s straight forward with the UHD ?
I really doubt it. I believe the camera spacing and position remain the same, only the resolution changes. DOF is a sponsor here, they can chime in if I'm incorrect. BTW, happy with their customer service when I had an early issue. Last problem I had too and that was in 2016.