DOF vs Medit

Jack_the_dentureman

Jack_the_dentureman

Reaction score
I am using medit idetica 2015 scanner. I am very very pleased. i use colab2017 for scanning. option of scanning in the articulator, option of scanning plates from the articulator when we do not have a special plate to skan. scanning of impressions to post and core. multidie scan. Everything I need.

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
Beatrice Robichaud NOTE : Yes MEDIT T500 is the scanner we use in our production facility to scan the wax-up of implants bars case if so you would reconmend them for Implant cases too and if customers sending out cases to you with T 500 they are save and could expect passive fit ??!!

Beatrice

Beatrice

Reaction score
Beatrice Robichaud NOTE : Yes MEDIT T500 is the scanner we use in our production facility to scan the wax-up of implants bars case if so you would recommend them for Implant cases too and if customers sending out cases to you with T 500 they are save and could expect passive fit ??!!
Not sure to understand your questions?

Am I recommending the T500 to scan implant with scanbody to do implant bars ? Yes I do, they have a consistency of 5 to 7 micron and are very good.
We do not use them to scan implant on our side because we use something much more powerful and also we have a compatibility of 500+ implants because we scan without the use of scanbody.

I will always recommend to send physical model to us, you avoid problem (see other topic on the forum today about a lab tech that unfortunately miss place a scanbody and have to pay $1700 to redo the bars because of non-passive fit) but if your case is time sensitive scanning in house is an alternative!

Hope this help

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
THX Beatrice Robichaud you answered my question perfect and i unterstand your approach scanning the model analogs with "Laserscanner "i would say but doing it this way is on one side easier on the other more complicated because the used surface is sometimes real small and production mistakes vs cheap manufactured analogs exponentiate these mistakes while scan body can lower them . Maybe you find some time to bring a little light in my thoughts . THX

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Beatrice are you getting any imetric 4D scans? Have you tested those?

Beatrice

Beatrice

Reaction score
Beatrice are you getting any imetric 4D scans? Have you tested those?
Funny you asked,

Just got our first case with Imetric 4D.

I am unable to know precisly the result other than "It wonderful" according by the customer. But that not a scientific verification of the fit.
Before Covid we were supposed to get our hands on one Imetric 4D but it was post-pone due to situation, will try to get back on this in 2021, promising thing said!

Beatrice

Beatrice

Reaction score
THX Beatrice Robichaud you answered my question perfect and i unterstand your approach scanning the model analogs with "Laserscanner "i would say but doing it this way is on one side easier on the other more complicated because the used surface is sometimes real small and production mistakes vs cheap manufactured analogs exponentiate these mistakes while scan body can lower them . Maybe you find some time to bring a little light in my thoughts . THX

Scanning the analog directly will obviously include this kind of problem where the analog can be damaged (not uncommon) thing said, people use new analog more often vs scanbody that get used and worn and few lab think about replacing them frequently.

Adding scanbody will ALWAYS result in lost of precision, will it be enough to void all possible "passive fit" ? well it depend! It not an easy question to answer, majority of cases scanbody will do great, some implant connection (read any taper implants) are much harder to scan vs flat seating (read Nobel Multi-unit)

But as the analog, scanbody come in different quality and lost precision with time, and contrary to believing, if your analog is damaged, putting a scanbody on top of it do not solve the problem, it makes it worst! It hard to explain using only words, but I do have in some presentation I give multiple example of why a scanbody on top of a damaged analog will decrease the fit of your structure.

So in simple, scanbody required to check 2 pieces : analog and scanbody,!
Scanning direct analogs 1 piece : analog.

Hope it help, but I understand it might not be a complete answer, next time you have the opportunity to assist one of my lecture in different trade show around USA (sorry i take that you probably from USA, hope I am not mistaken :) stop by and you will see why.

Best

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
it boils down to support and reliability.

I can trust that DOF will take care of me, but I've had a horrible go with medit, multiple times. Every lab I goto, I always think it's going to be different and I'm reminded why I never integrate medit as part of the system. The only thing I like is their intraoral scanner web portal is clean and clear and easy.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Ive been reluctant to post too much here, since both are sponsors here, or have been.. Not that they post here other than advertisements.. But, I have owned both medit and DOF products and as far as I know only one of them has had a flagship product that ended up being bought back and taken to the dump.. just something to consider.. thats all I will say about that.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
it boils down to support and reliability.

I can trust that DOF will take care of me, but I've had a horrible go with medit, multiple times. Every lab I goto, I always think it's going to be different and I'm reminded why I never integrate medit as part of the system. The only thing I like is their intraoral scanner web portal is clean and clear and easy.
The Medit Link is poorly designed and leads to unnecessary confusion. The inbox page does not include the scans unless you click over to the file viewer. why the extra step? The latest update has caused tons of bugs which required another fix. Trios Communicate is far better and more efficient.

Beatrice

Beatrice

Reaction score
I really feel being in a discussion about "Xbox vs Playstation"
And finally there is someone that says : "Hey guys, Nintendo is way better"

HAHAHAHAHAHA

:p:p:p

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I really feel being in a discussion about "Xbox vs Playstation"
And finally there is someone that says : "Hey guys, Nintendo is way better"

HAHAHAHAHAHA

:p:p:p
are we allowed to voice our opinions here?

M

mmbh

Reaction score
Been using medit t500 for a little over a year. Great scanner, no issues. The new t710 looks awesome.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
there arent many games i'd play on xbox, mainly the Forza Motorsport series.

but at some point i would love to know more about the VR updates in PS5. that might get me back into the swing of actually playing games instead of watching streams.

then again i really don't want to spend 1000$ on gaming sh1t again. i'd rather put that to better use.

Beatrice

Beatrice

Reaction score
Food for thought :

If I say DOF is XBox and Medit is PS5 meaning 3shape would be Nintento, would everyone agree ? :p :p :p

(Ohh btw I did preorder a PS5 waiting for 4 games : Cyberpunk, Final Fantasy 7 remake 2-3, Grand Turismo 7, Horizon zero down 2)

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
that's actually really accurate. nintendo releases new consoles and controller layouts every time they update - same for 3shape you have to get all the updates even if you don't want them and it might break your system every time.

but ps and ms don't change much except for actual processing hardware, their controllers and colours have been the same for years.

M

molarmaker

Reaction score
Just to correct here :
AG and ZirkonZahn do not make scanners, they are SmartOptics (germany) scanners.

Now, as some might know, we have done an extensive study of multiples scanner in regards of precision, predictability, speed,etc. (over 15 scanners were tried by the way, only top of their line for each brand)

Medit score highest with the T500 within all value equal with 3shape E3
DOF HD was less accurate by few micron, but overall a super nice scanner and super fast
I couldn't put my hands on a E4 during our extensive testing

Medit also have one of the best interface, but that could be an opinion more than a fact (thing said, the 3 persons involve in the testing, we did prefer Medit interface)

I am waiting for my T710 and will try to get an E4 to continue our testing, pretty sure T710 will rock them all (little finger telling me)

Best of the buck I will still strongly suggest T500 or the new T710 for sure if you can get one (still new, a lots of orders going)

Don't get me wrong, DOF HD is a good scanner, at the end if you have a good price, good feeling with it and important a very good supplier, you will not be disappointed.

NOTE : This comments IS NOT PAID BY ANY SCANNER COMPANY

NOTE : All desktop scanner was compare to an industrial scientific scanner with a precision of 1 nanometer (1000x times more precise than any of the desktop scanners used during this testing)

NOTE : Yes MEDIT T500 is the scanner we use in our production facility to scan the wax-up of implants bars case, our implant cases are scanned with the nanometer scanner, we appreciate the Medit T500 because all 5 of them run 12 hours a days non-stop and none have broken since we use them (almost 3 years now)

you understand the whole purpose of my study was to pick what scanner we would use within my own company, as you can see we do thousands of scans per month so it had to be precise, fast and reliable and I am known to be SUPER FREAKING PICKY :p :p :p
Just wow

macplatao

macplatao

Reaction score
About the software. I am using scanapp for 5 years now, altough it has some "glitches", not perfect, in expert mode you can do almost anything. Does the medit software match scanapp? I find the Medit software kind of confused, but maybe because I am not experienced in it.
Also, working with Medit, Exocad opens the software directly, and then Medit sends it back to Exocad? Or the files stay allocated elsewhere?

Top Bottom