Dof Sharp2 Plus opinions

P

Pearl Dental

Reaction score
Hi, I work in a lab in the UK and have been tasked by my employer to choose a mill for us, and I really like the look of the DOF machine. We have been scanning and designing for about 5 years and using milling centers but now think the volume were doing our own mill would be financially beneficial. We do around 150 zirconia units a month ( but looking to do more) and we also would like to do premill custom abutments and various glass ceramics i.e Emax.
Looking for peoples honest opinion about these mills to help me make an educated decision (so I dont get fired for recommending :p)

Thanks in advance

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Mine should be here any day, I wouldnt have bought it if I didnt think it wasnt a great mill for a smaller lab. DOF is a real innovative company, I look for them to only gain momentum as they continue to offer affordable solutions like their face scanner and I think I heard about an IOS also maybe....

P

Pearl Dental

Reaction score
Mine should be here any day, I wouldnt have bought it if I didnt think it wasnt a great mill for a smaller lab. DOF is a real innovative company, I look for them to only gain momentum as they continue to offer affordable solutions like their face scanner and I think I heard about an IOS also maybe....
Thanks @Affinity, the DOF was the mill I initially said would be great for us because i'd read good things but no suppliers seemed to be selling them in the uk so was looking at the Sirona MCX5.. Ironically a rep came in the next day and will be selling them by the end of the year. If you wouldnt mind, it would be great if you could keep me updated regarding any teething problems you have if any...

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
I for sure, would never purchase anything from sirona.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
It looks like they use Quatro suction (2:30),unless it's their version?
FYI there are 3 parts to the video on YouTube, for the curious.

P

Pearl Dental

Reaction score
It looks like they use Quatro suction (2:30),unless it's their version?
FYI there are 3 parts to the video on YouTube, for the curious.

Thanks @Car 54 I've watched the 3 videos a few times. Not familiar with the quatro extractors, are they known to be good units?

P

Pearl Dental

Reaction score
@Pearl Dental send me a PM. I can put you in contact with DOF.
@rc75 not sure I can PM as a new user but thank you! Have been in touch with the UK supplier who have offered to take me to Germany along side them when they do their support and maintenance course. Was just looking for technicians opinions before I said yes and wasted their time. In all honesty haven't heard or read a bad word about the DOF machine.

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
8 mm rails and ballscrews for ti and e-max ???

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
I dont plan on milling titanium, but what do you think is wrong with the size of the rails? This machine is not like others on the market, (that I know of) for one it has an electric spindle and is all self contained with suction, water pump, and air compressor. Tech is always improving and getting more compact.. maybe to a fault.

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
i know its all in but force is force all in or not dindt they all have electric spindels and rails and ballscrews and a few other things suction and copressors inside or not.
basic is the frame rails , ballscrews and spindle , frame, rails and ballsrcews are made for soft materials

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score