DOF Sharp2 plus buyback program.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Anyone else having issues with this mill?

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
*Insensitivity Warning cause you guys are having problems (but seemed the best place to ask sorry)

Does anyone know of any alternative manufacturers of milling burs for this mill? (particularly the glass ceramic, but zr and wax/PMMA too)
The ones we get from DOF are expensive and dont seem to last very long, the 2.5mm glass bur lasts about 8 crowns before it snaps in half.

Thanks in advance
10 crowns is the average for us and has been for 10+ years grinding emax.
*Not using DOF mill.
Over the years talking to other labs grinding glass, 8-10 crowns, veneers, inlays before bur change is a good run for a tool.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
How is this profitable? Ive been wanting to mill some emax in mine, but I can press 5 crowns for less than $20.. To use a $20 block and $16 in tools for one crown seems a bit much. I mean yes its still profitable Im just not sure what the time savings really is.. Sprue, invest, press, devest, desprue is a pain though. Single units are Im sure faster, I just dont have much demand for emax singles anymore, mostly cosmetic 6 units which, to me, makes more sense to press in one go.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
I'm not charging bottom of the barrel prices. It is so easy to design a crown and send to the mill. No reaction layer no bubbles ever. I have one client that still takes impressions. Right out of the mill they fit perfectly on a solid model. It's just way faster for me. My time is worth more than anything. If I had to invest, burnout, devest, etc I wouldn't have time to do full mouth DX work ups and SX plans which has steadily become more and more of my work load.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Argen does offer to mill emax blue block crowns from our .stl files for us to crystallize in our ovens.
Let them wear out their own burs.

Last edited:
2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Argen does offer to mill emax blue block crowns from our .stl files for us to crystallize in our ovens.
Let them wear out their own burs.
Any idea what they charge?

Getoothachopper

Getoothachopper

Reaction score
That's horrible ,essentially you are being charged $57K + for a basic dry mill. I would be upset :( ,,,,,,,,,And I thought mill prices would be coming down in price by now .

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Normal list price is $55.00 per unit.

It may come in handy once in awhile especially if I have only one emax
unit to press, is probably worth the cost in saving myself the time and labor in pressing.
When it's 4-6 units I can press from my milled wax ups, is cheaper to do it that way.

G

grantoz

Reaction score
Dof been Korean isnt going to make it easy for a resolution. the Koreans have an interesting approach to customer service i will give you an example of one of the Samsung watches that my wife had it was advertised as water proof you could swim with it on ,go to the gym shower etc.it even had the speedo app for counting your laps in the pool all the brochures had people swimming with it on their arm. so guess what my wifes watch gets water in it from swimming in the pool.so we go to the Samsung shop, the salespersons 1st words are i would never swim with that watch on ,then says Samsungs warranty doesnt cover your watch if you use it for swimming we look at the warranty for the watch right up the back its got no warranty if used while swimming. we jumped up and down took it to fair trading and got no where. These guys have a different set of rules on customer service so good luck.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Just got a call from DOF korea tonight, they have 2 techs coming out in a week to do maintenance and replace parts. All under warranty, no cost. I guess I should add that theres nothing wrong with the mill, so Im not sure if this is a proactive thing or what..

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Anyone else get new motors and switches put in their Sharp?

P

Pearl Dental

Reaction score
Had a new spindle the other day when service engineer came to replace the control board for the extractor which I thought was a bit odd but ok:)

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
So they put a new spindle in?

P

Pearl Dental

Reaction score
Yeah they replaced the spindle under warranty too whilst fixing the extractor, maybe because of the GC25 glass burs breaking that id reported?? or maybe a proactive thing like you said.
The mill itself has been fantastic milling everything we've asked of it (with exception of the limited lifespan of the glass burs, which seems to be the norm from advice I've had) but had no problems with the spindle or anything...

What motors and switches did they change on yours?

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
They replaced the suction motors, a lot of wiring, the splash/dust rubber, axis motor, axis switches, motion app. From what I could tell.. They were here 5 hours+, and other than the spindle housing not being attached it seems to be running once I fixed it. I think I will calibrate it again, Ive had some holes in crowns..

Do you mill any abutments?

P

Pearl Dental

Reaction score
We had the silicon dust/water cover changed too.. Strange how they're changing parts on machines with no problems though. Any difference with the new version of MotionApp?

No not currently milling abutments, something we'll be looking into in the future I think

prestige.dental

prestige.dental

Reaction score
We have been using DOF Sharp2+ for over a year, generally with some issues. Imagine was helpful in resolving the issues. Last week two technicians from DOF Korea (Edwin & Eric) spent one full day at our office and replaced most of motor, sensors, water pump etc. and did major overhaul (basically renewed) on our mill at No Charge. So we are very happy. We use our mill mostly to mill full arch PMMA bridges and what we really like is the open C Clamp that allows us to nest and mill two arches on the same disc. Though it takes around 8 to 9 hours but the milling is generally reliable.

T

toothdecay

Reaction score
UPDATE:
DOF Korea just sent a engineer to my office and rebuilt my Sharp2+ mill at no charge.
They upgraded the motors, and sensors, software and even replaced the vacuum motor.
I think most of my issues were sensor problems, they upgraded the sensors to photo laser sensors or something like that.
What he told me is the new mills have the upgrades and that they felt like they should do it for there customers to make it more reliable.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Have you had any issues with yours before that? Sounds like the same thing they did to mine. Ive only had one collision since then! :rolleyes:

Top Bottom