DOF Sharp2 plus buyback program.

T

toothdecay

Reaction score
I was just contacted by Imagine USA telling me that in January 2020 they will no longer support the DOF Sharp2 + mill, because of constant problems.
There solution was a trade in for a Roland DWX 52d, Vacuum and Hyper-dent compact for $19,495
So basically give them my mill that I paid $37,500 a year ago and give them another 20k.
Any advice would be great.

P

Pearl Dental

Reaction score
Hi, what problems have you been having? I have the DOF Sharp 2 plus.

Wainwright

Wainwright

Reaction score
20k is a great price for a roland, cam, and suction but what a bummer. Will they allow you to keep the DOF mill with this trade-in deal, just no support? I'd recommend asking what options you have for support on the mill, direct to dof or maybe another distributor?

T

toothdecay

Reaction score
Where to start. When it arrived it had Korean version of windows. The main board went out, the y sensor, the tool sensor, the vacuum board, the power switch for the vacuum power switch. I've had it 10 months and the past 30 days is the first time it has ran without messing up. The tech support has been great but a lot of my problems had to be diagnosed and parts ordered from Korea which took time. I've been more than patient with them and the tech support tell me that often.

T

toothdecay

Reaction score
20k is a great price for a roland, cam, and suction but what a bummer. Will they allow you to keep the DOF mill with this trade-in deal, just no support? I'd recommend asking what options you have for support on the mill, direct to dof or maybe another distributor?
NO that's me sending them my mill. That is my next conversation with them about the remainder of my warranty and service from DOF. The way the sales guy was talking if I didn't trade it in I would have a boat anchor.

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
Change for no charge !! either your an idiot sorry to say . So even if we say one year with 25 % depreciation which is a lot 37500 minus 9375 your mill is 28125 worth and for that a 52with Hyperdent is a joke without zero new cash.

Last edited:
T

toothdecay

Reaction score
DOF just contacted me and said they would provide support from Korea.

T

toothdecay

Reaction score
Change for no charge !! either your an idiot sorry to say . So even if we say one year with 25 % depreciation which is a lot 37500 minus 9375 your mill is 28125 worth and for that a 52with Hyperdent is a joke without zero new cash.

That's what I told the sales guy that called me. It was probably a scare tactic which was working for a little while.
Thanks for the feedback.

RDA

RDA

Reaction score
Maybe your the idiot, not sorry to say. He said DOF wants his current mill back, plus an additional $19,495 for the new Roland mill. Read..........
As stated:
"There solution was a trade in for a Roland DWX 52d, Vacuum and Hyper-dent compact for $19,495
So basically give them my mill that I paid $37,500 a year ago and give them another 20k. "

This would piss me off with DOF. 10 months of use at a price of $37,500??? If there are that many problems with these mills, and DOF admits it, they should refund your purchase price.

O

omsk

Reaction score
Where are you located? Wouldn't lemon laws apply to this?

I wouldn't take any less than purchase price if it is as you described.

T

toothdecay

Reaction score
Where are you located? Wouldn't lemon laws apply to this?

I wouldn't take any less than purchase price if it is as you described.
Im located in Alabama, where the skies are so blue:)
Im not sure when or if lemon laws apply.

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
@RDA i understand well what he wrote here we have after 6 month reversal refund ( and not pissed refund) the mill worked 10 month !!??

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Im dealing with this now, would love to hear what others think about this. Honestly I was quite insulted by that call.. I was offered $10k as a buyback.. after less than a year. Problem is DOF isnt saying anything about problems with these mills.

Sda36

Sda36

Reaction score
Im dealing with this now, would love to hear what others think about this. Honestly I was quite insulted by that call.. I was offered $10k as a buyback.. after less than a year. Problem is DOF isnt saying anything about problems with these mills.
That's really sick and astonishing from a company with great products. Hope they learn from this and make things RIGHT!!!

EJADA

EJADA

Reaction score
Wow. I just read this thread for the first time. It saddens me that DOF is struggling to do what is right here. I looked at this before buying but ended up going with VHF I do own 2 DOF HDs. Been great. But haven’t had struggles so that is where you find out what a company is made of. I’ve never been overly impressed with the imagine/DOF USA merge. I think that has not been a great decision for DOF.

P

Pearl Dental

Reaction score
*Insensitivity Warning cause you guys are having problems (but seemed the best place to ask sorry)

Does anyone know of any alternative manufacturers of milling burs for this mill? (particularly the glass ceramic, but zr and wax/PMMA too)
The ones we get from DOF are expensive and dont seem to last very long, the 2.5mm glass bur lasts about 8 crowns before it snaps in half.

Thanks in advance

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
*Insensitivity Warning cause you guys are having problems (but seemed the best place to ask sorry)

Does anyone know of any alternative manufacturers of milling burs for this mill? (particularly the glass ceramic, but zr and wax/PMMA too)
The ones we get from DOF are expensive and dont seem to last very long, the 2.5mm glass bur lasts about 8 crowns before it snaps in half.

Thanks in advance
You'll find that glassgrinding tools don't ever have long life. 8units is pretty normal.

P

Pearl Dental

Reaction score
Really? but the tool isnt even worn, it still looks brand new, the problem is they're snapping in half. The cam has been checked multiple times and nothing seems wrong so can only assume poor quality burs?

1.jpg 2.jpg

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
Is that a break inthe middle of the shaft? It looks too clean for a break. Looks more like a 1mm ttool break at the neck narrowing. Yousure thats not 2 separate tools?

P

Pearl Dental

Reaction score
Definitely 1 tool 😝 Yeah broke in the middle of the shaft (third one this week),there is an indentation where the collar/clip of the bur sits.....

Top Bottom