DOF scanner issues

S

sirmorty

Ratings
126 4
I'm not sure if there is a problem or if I'm just scanning incorrect. Just putting it out there to see if anyone has had the same issues.

I'm having issues with alignment and with bites being high in the mouth but not on the models.

This is my scanning procedure. Scan solid pour models and scan a seperate pour for the preparation tooth. Smart Alignment never works and I have to select the 3 point alignment.

I have also tried scanning split models with the same die. The alignment is usually better but I give up having the tissues surrounding the prep. I solved this by scanning a separate solid pour as a pre-op for the tissue.

I'm using Exocad to design. I correct the antagonist and collide the scans to give foil relief. Usually. .4mm.

After milling and sintering there is foil relief. The die moves to contact the opposing. Bite paper slides through without marking.

I keep getting feedback that the bites are high. Not alot but some adjustment is needed. I'm not sure if it's a temporary issue and I don't want to pass any blame.

How can I check the accuracy of the scanner and make sure that it is indeed working properly?

It doesn't seem to happen on any IO scans I receive.

So now I'm questioning the scanner.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Ratings
7,327 113
How much of the scan data are you editing before the matching step? Automatic registration works much better if you don't edit the scans until after matching, but before building.

J

Josh townsend

Ratings
If matching the die to a stone model, it is generally preferred that you trim the die scan as much as possible.
This is due to the difference of the tissue information on the solid model versus the information on the die below the margin.
This should help with better alignments.

However, just like what cadfan mentioned, screenshots of the alignment would be great.

If you would like, I can log in to your system and take a look at some of the cases that you were having issues with.

Please send teamviewer info along with patient names to [email protected].

S

sirmorty

Ratings
126 4
Josh,

Can I take you up on that offer on Monday?
I'm just out of the lab today.

J

Josh townsend

Ratings
Yes I just received your email.
Not a problem!
Lets connect on Monday.

F

FASTFNGR

Ratings
I'm not sure if there is a problem or if I'm just scanning incorrect. Just putting it out there to see if anyone has had the same issues.

I'm having issues with alignment and with bites being high in the mouth but not on the models.

This is my scanning procedure. Scan solid pour models and scan a seperate pour for the preparation tooth. Smart Alignment never works and I have to select the 3 point alignment.

I have also tried scanning split models with the same die. The alignment is usually better but I give up having the tissues surrounding the prep. I solved this by scanning a separate solid pour as a pre-op for the tissue.

I'm using Exocad to design. I correct the antagonist and collide the scans to give foil relief. Usually. .4mm.

After milling and sintering there is foil relief. The die moves to contact the opposing. Bite paper slides through without marking.

I keep getting feedback that the bites are high. Not alot but some adjustment is needed. I'm not sure if it's a temporary issue and I don't want to pass any blame.

How can I check the accuracy of the scanner and make sure that it is indeed working properly?

It doesn't seem to happen on any IO scans I receive.

So now I'm questioning the scanner.
Check with your dentist and look at the thickness of the contact paper they are using. I had the same issue till I showed them my 40micron thin contact paper that I use and ask their dental assistance to use the same one and try not to take it out of occlusion too much. Super eruption of the tooth because of the temp. Is it happening with all you Drs or just one here and there? I do the same exact thing. I do not pin models anymore, solid with a separate die scanned on DOF. I am sure Josh will solve your issue if it was the scanner.

Guest Room
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!