sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
i lean medit, but have no bad feelings toward DoF

O

omsk

Reaction score
We recently placed an order for a Medit T500.

I considered DOF as well however we liked the T500 more.

It seemed to me that the Medit scan software is more versatile however I didn't get a chance to try the DOF scan software.
T500 is a blue light scanner, DOF is white light I believe. I am not an expert but it seems blue light scanners are faster.
T500 is more accurate (according to specs) and I found it a bit weird that it is hard to find accuracy info for the DOF scanners, especially the UHD.
T500 has 2 year warranty + 2 extra years of free parts after the first 2

We also picked the Medit because the reseller is 30-40min from us so it will be easier to get support/repairs if needed.

In the end both are probably great scanners that will work just fine but it is important to consider who will provide support, etc.

D

DIItech

Reaction score

It seemed to me that the Medit scan software is more versatile however I didn't get a chance to try the DOF scan software.
T500 is a blue light scanner, DOF is white light I believe. I am not an expert but it seems blue light scanners are faster.
T500 is more accurate (according to specs) and I found it a bit weird that it is hard to find accuracy info for the DOF scanners, especially the UHD.

We also picked the Medit because the reseller is 30-40min from us so it will be easier to get support/repairs if needed.

In the end both are probably great scanners that will work just fine but it is important to consider who will provide support, etc.

D

DIItech

Reaction score
Thank you for the details. Do you know the price arrange ?

Getoothachopper

Getoothachopper

Reaction score
I had a really really bad experience with a warranty repair with Medit a year ago . Something else to think about . :(

Farrah Fawcett

Farrah Fawcett

Reaction score
Are you going to tell us what you are going to be using it for? Or we need to guess?

For implant bars....Shining3d DS300, DOF UHD, or Medit

For Removable and standard C&B, I'd save my money and get a shining3d DS-EX for $4200

For a doorstop or boat anchor, get a Nobel scanner or Dental Wings?

I had warranty/service issues with Medit multiple times and that ruined my relationship with them.

Farrah Fawcett

Farrah Fawcett

Reaction score

DOF software is fine and does everything Medit does.
DOF is not White light
DOF also has 2 yr warranty

Who cares how close someone lives for helping with service or tech support?
None of your comments are correct or apply to a purchase decision.
(except for the comment about not being an expert)

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
DOF software is fine and does everything Medit does.
DOF is not White light
DOF also has 2 yr warranty

Who cares how close someone lives for helping with service or tech support?
None of your comments are correct or apply to a purchase decision.
(except for the comment about not being an expert)
Proximity is a concern if you have to ship.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
:artist.png:

Attachments

• 1559573792665.png
    1559573792665.png
    84.7 KB · Views: 10
harmonylab

harmonylab

Reaction score
we went through like 3 medit. none lasted very long. it had a really crappy design that was basically designed to fail. the lamp never shut off while it was on. on every other scanner, lamp only turns on while scanning.

DOF has been great. still working just as well as it did when we got it several years ago. stable scanning stage makes scanning so much more convenient.

bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score
we went through like 3 medit. none lasted very long. it had a really crappy design that was basically designed to fail. the lamp never shut off while it was on. on every other scanner, lamp only turns on while scanning.

DOF has been great. still working just as well as it did when we got it several years ago. stable scanning stage makes scanning so much more convenient.
Good info....now looking back at DOF instead of Medit

bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score
Are you going to tell us what you are going to be using it for? Or we need to guess?

For implant bars....Shining3d DS300, DOF UHD, or Medit

For Removable and standard C&B, I'd save my money and get a shining3d DS-EX for $4200

For a doorstop or boat anchor, get a Nobel scanner or Dental Wings?

I had warranty/service issues with Medit multiple times and that ruined my relationship with them.
How much is a Shining3d DS300?

Brent Harvey

Brent Harvey

Reaction score
Good info....now looking back at DOF instead of Medit
Need suggestions which scanner should I buy? Need advice
If you guys need any info on the DOF or any other questions feel free to message me. We also have a great support team at imagine that provides great training and support.

bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score
If you guys need any info on the DOF or any other questions feel free to message me. We also have a great support team at imagine that provides great training and support.

Hi Brent...How much is the DOF HD?

Last edited: