Does anyone know an alternative furnace to Ivoclar's EP5000???

A

anne2010Ma

Reaction score
Hi emax sung,

so you just enter the same parametres that Ivoclar recommended for press
and bake and finish and had no problem? How come everyone said I have to play around with the temperature? Also, may I ask how much you paid for the Pro Press 200? What is the difference between the 200 and 100? Is it even worth getting the 200 or can I get by with 100? Thanks in advance!

Anne

C

charles007

Reaction score
Anne,
Sung is the first tech thats posted anything with the 200....

Good to hear that the 200 uses the same temps, think that may be a 1st with non-Ivoclar furnaces.
I would guess that says a lot about the accuracy of the Pro 200 and Ivoclar furnaces.

E

emax sung

Reaction score
charles007

I used EP 600 Combi parametres for Pro pres 200.

holding time for 100g is 15min.:)

I used HT for 2 centrals.

Last edited:
E

emax sung

Reaction score
Hi Anne,
First I thought that too.
play around parametres but I tried(again tried) EP 600 Combi parametres, works good.
press was no problem. build up with Emax ceram and finished crowns.
At first time my impressions on Pro press 200 is excellent.
I don't think will have any problems with pro press 200 for me.

C

charles007

Reaction score
charles007

I used EP 600 Combi parametres for Pro pres 200.

holding time for 100g is 15min.:)

I used HT for 2 centrals.

Once I touch Start .. oven closes, I walk away and it show aprox 18 minutes (LT) with my ep5000.... Couple of minutes later, you can press another ring.

Sung, your 200 maybe faster, mine is bigger and cost more ...
Woops i guess the jokes on me !

Last edited:
sixonice

sixonice

Reaction score
The ep500 would work for 300g rings I did hundreds of PTM rings with at a large lab. You'll have to trace the tray as to center it but other than that, just check the parameters and for that much material. The only thing I'll say about the E.Max is the reaction layer we got earlier on with lithium disylicate was not acceptable. This was the demise of emp2. I am not sure but the material is the same with emax. This is where the press to completion is nice as it stops when the ring is pressed. This in turn stops the reaction layer from thickening. I was told the layer id the investment melting to the glass, due to the very high temps. My 2 cents?

Reaction layer is the result of heat, the investment material and the lithium disilicate material all interacting together. e.max of today is the same lithium disilicate as the E2 material, but vastly improved in strength, esthetics, translucency options and crystal structure. excessive reaction layer is caused by one of 3 things: burnout tempratures set to high or pressing in different pressing furnaces other than the ivoclar units (different ovens can be tweaked and dialed in with some patience and trial and error) or a unit out of calibration on the high side. the ivoclar pressing oven use sensitive pressing sensor's -to actually know when the mould is pressed to completion and the program completed THEN. other ovens use "pressing times" so for example, if your pressing small lower incisors and the pressing time is set too long, the oven will continue to press & hold the lithlium disilcate in the hot mold, building reaction layer the entire time causing excessive layers.

amadent

amadent

http://amadent.net/Home.p
Reaction score
i use the Zubler vario press 300
we do all our pressing into and i also use it as my oven to fire all my ceramic work
great oven-

ZOOMAN

ZOOMAN

MadCap Member
Reaction score
emax & which furnace???

If you are looking for good results with emax than I would suggest looking at the Ivoclar or Zubler ovens.

Do yourself a favor, outsource it for now and wait until you have a chance to look around/save/investigate.

G

goheric

Reaction score
Hi Emax Sung,

What is the pressure you applied (how many bars?) & how long is the pressing time?

Top Bottom