do dentists record jaw relation while doing upper and lower Complete denture digitally cuz i guess they do scan the casts and design it digitally ...

614azooz

Reaction score
do dentists record jaw relation while doing upper and lower Complete denture digitally cuz i guess they do scan the casts and design it digitally then do milling then deliver the dentures.

sorry if i have wrong knowledge .. bear me cuz i am still a dental student and very interested in digital dentistry.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
do dentists record jaw relation while doing upper and lower Complete denture digitally cuz i guess they do scan the casts and design it digitally then do milling then deliver the dentures.

sorry if i have wrong knowledge .. bear me cuz i am still a dental student and very interested in digital dentistry.
Greetings Earthling! Welcome!

It's a bit system dependant (software) and then it's also sytem dependant by maker (AG has a different deal than someone else even using the same mill type things.)

And most are not designing a denture, they send us scans and we send back completed steps/stuff

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
yes, you can't avoid the bite rim phase of the denture process, you will not have the proper bite if you go straight to setup.

J

jVerroche

Reaction score
Aslong as you have some type of reference to go by. Aka old dentures, centric tray. To record proper vertical. Then yes can go straight to denture design. If no reference then design will be a guess, which sometimes is good enough...

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Aslong as you have some type of reference to go by. Aka old dentures, centric tray. To record proper vertical. Then yes can go straight to denture design. If no reference then design will be a guess, which sometimes is good enough...
"guess, which sometimes is good enough" is NOT ACCEPTABLE.

To Original Poster,
The others on here gave you great advice. Capturing an accurate vertical is the critical step in doing dentures. It's nice when it's an immediate because usually there is enough teeth to get the vertical. However, when fully edentulous, you would need some type of bite rim or old denture. You would then scan those appliances to send along with the edentulous arch scans to all be imported into exocad/3shape where a design could be fabricated or printed.

J

jVerroche

Reaction score
"guess, which sometimes is good enough" is NOT ACCEPTABLE.

To Original Poster,
The others on here gave you great advice. Capturing an accurate vertical is the critical step in doing dentures. It's nice when it's an immediate because usually there is enough teeth to get the vertical. However, when fully edentulous, you would need some type of bite rim or old denture. You would then scan those appliances to send along with the edentulous arch scans to all be imported into exocad/3shape where a design could be fabricated or printed.
I agree with it not being acceptable and not acceptable for myself aswell. However have worked with docs before that would rather guess than do it the correct way, if you know what I am getting at

F

FASTFNGR

Reaction score

Most dentist do not know what VDO or VDR is. Even in digital you can not do a denture in 2 visits because you do not have the VDO and you still have to do a try-in or two to get it right .

Top Bottom