DME manufacturing parameters

user name

user name

Reaction score
I thought 3Shape and other open scanners were stl out put, and thats that. Is it true that you need to know a particular milling centers "DME" manufacturing file, and set your scanner to match?
(?) Do you need to do this, or anything else each time you send a file if youre not using the same mill center every time?

Slipstream

Slipstream

Reaction score
At the order form stage you chose what you are going to make - that then sets the custom parameters - mostly things like thickness and die space to define the material requirements and what to do with the file once complete.

You would have individual products like DME Zr or John Doe Milling Zr created once and whichever you pick to use for a particular job defines the design criteria and output path.

You can't just design a job and then decide later whether you wax mill inhouse or send for laser sintering to your manufacturer.

Mark Jackson

Mark Jackson

Reaction score
I thought 3Shape and other open scanners were stl out put, and thats that. Is it true that you need to know a particular milling centers "DME" manufacturing file, and set your scanner to match?
(?) Do you need to do this, or anything else each time you send a file if youre not using the same mill center every time?

You need a tool path generator program with specifications for the machine you want to send to, and also the material you are requesting. This is one reason that the BruxZir library works better than regular anatomical libraries when you cut MonoZr.

That, or you need to send to a lab who is already using 3Shape so your files are compatable with the generator they have already.

user name

user name

Reaction score
Mark..Please elaborate. If I design on a 3Shape and send it to you for a BruxZir, you wouldnt know if it were a stock library form or from a custom library, would you? you referenced the 'BruxZir library'...Would you take my file and smudge or smooth it to save your cutting tools, or are all designs okay? What is the BruxZir library? I started a library question in another thread this morning thats kind of related to this. Thanks

Top Bottom