DLyte - electro-polishing machine for metal

• Thread starter Mental Technician
  • Start date
Mental Technician

Mental Technician

Reaction score
Hi guys,

We are planning to buy one of those and we wondering if someone is already using one.

Please share your experience!

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
are you polishing that much metal? never used one, just wondering

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
We have one now for 18 months and have done over 300 hours of polishing

What would you like to know ?
nearly an hour a day each day of the month for 18 months! wow
just curious, i didnt realize that much PFM work was still being done!

2000markpeters

2000markpeters

Reaction score
I know there is a cast partial centre using one in Quebec. i would love to get one but quite pricey. Close to $50,000 cnd. You need different machines for chrome and titanium. I understand the results are superb. I think the medium is also quite expensive. It would be great to see the price of the equipment come down significantly

Nik@BMDL

Nik@BMDL

Reaction score
We polish RPD frameworks not C&B

Yes the unit is expensive but when wages/labour savings are factored as well as increase in productivity then the unit is actually cheap.
The electrolyte works out at $7 AUD per unit on our 10D and about $5 AUD for the 100D which is not much different to traditional materials needed to polish an RPD

Then there is the quality factor you cannot polish this consistently by hand and remove as little material and not change geometry all at the same time, so this gives our business an opportunity to offer a superior product

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
We polish RPD frameworks not C&B

Yes the unit is expensive but when wages/labour savings are factored as well as increase in productivity then the unit is actually cheap.
The electrolyte works out at $7 AUD per unit on our 10D and about $5 AUD for the 100D which is not much different to traditional materials needed to polish an RPD

Then there is the quality factor you cannot polish this consistently by hand and remove as little material and not change geometry all at the same time, so this gives our business an opportunity to offer a superior product
ok awesome, good info thank you very much!

Nik@BMDL

Nik@BMDL

Reaction score
I know there is a cast partial centre using one in Quebec. i would love to get one but quite pricey. Close to $50,000 cnd. You need different machines for chrome and titanium. I understand the results are superb. I think the medium is also quite expensive. It would be great to see the price of the equipment come down significantly

Titanium unit has just been released and you can do all metals on this version including Chrome.
It’s only on the chrome version that you cannot polish Titanium and Aluminium.
Hope this makes sense

A

AdamC@EDL

Reaction score
Hi...Is this site still active???
Im looking to buy the Dlyte 10D and I was looking for some user feedback?!