For Sale DJI Mavic Pro, never flown.

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
So we bought two DJI Mavic Pro's thinking it would maximize our footage capture time by divide and conquering.

Turns out we only need one, so I am selling the other one.

One DJI Mavic Pro + DJI Mavic Bag (black) (32GB microSD Card included) - original box etc etc...

The 2nd one has never been flown, turns out it's way too much work to coordinate two drones at the same time. 4K @ 24 FPS etc etc.

Amazon links below:
http://amzn.to/2xODNxn
http://amzn.to/2ycEVvZ

$750 (shipping included anywhere in the States)

J

John C

Reaction score
Can you utilize it to make pickup and deliveries?

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Can you utilize it to make pickup and deliveries?
In the US, if you can keep it in sight for the entire route, and get the FAA cert since it's business use, then, yes.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
In the US, if you can keep it in sight for the entire route, and get the FAA cert since it's business use, then, yes.
i have been trying to make this happen.
NOT as easy as you made it sound!

Jenners

Jenners

Reaction score
That's a nice drone. I'd jump on this if I had the extra.

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
but you'd also have to look into payload delivery - so it would have to clip on to the body and also be aerodynamically efficient. It would at best be a solution for a small crown box to be efficient. But i can pre program a flight route so technically i could try and deliver a crown to someone's rooftop in the city?

yeah i really like the drone i just dont need two, and since i had opened it, ANNNND sat on it a bit longer than the normal amazon return dates.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
but you'd also have to look into payload delivery - so it would have to clip on to the body and also be aerodynamically efficient. It would at best be a solution for a small crown box to be efficient. But i can pre program a flight route so technically i could try and deliver a crown to someone's rooftop in the city?
In your airspace, it would probably become target practice for a UAV jockey.

Jenners

Jenners

Reaction score
In theory, crown delivery by drone would be really cool.... but there are so many rules regarding flight..... however, if I was a local dentist, I'd be tickled to see the lab bag being buzzed over by drone. :)

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
In your airspace, it would probably become target practice for a UAV jockey.

actually there are a ton of drones over NoVA, but yes, depending on where you go, they do reserve the right to shoot them out of the sky and obviously i'm not flying near Northrup or Boeing. I think Amazon server buildings also have anti drone cannons being installed.

In theory, crown delivery by drone would be really cool.... but there are so many rules regarding flight..... however, if I was a local dentist, I'd be tickled to see the lab bag being buzzed over by drone. :)

for fun i did to a dr down the road. he was too busy and sent his assistant out and she thought it felt "perverted" .... i was like...WHAT? how are you NOT excited about this.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
actually there are a ton of drones over NoVA, but yes, depending on where you go, they do reserve the right to shoot them out of the sky and obviously i'm not flying near Northrup or Boeing. I think Amazon server buildings also have anti drone cannons being installed.

for fun i did to a dr down the road. he was too busy and sent his assistant out and she thought it felt "perverted" .... i was like...WHAT? how are you NOT excited about this.
I'd have to mount an airsoft on one, to protect the carried patient data of course. Actually, hmmm, that does pose an interesting issue doesn't it.

Did the assistant actually say perverted? OK, *that* is weird. That would have been super amazing. Just need to get them to make a drone door out of a skylight.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Maybe you should let Mama use it for an episode or two?

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
hahahahaha, that's an amazing idea, i don't know if she would have the strength to hold a drone while all the rotors were spinning.

yeah she said it was perverted, also they didn't know how to hold the drone so i landed in the front and then no one wanted to touch it so i ended up driving over to pick it up..... totally anticlimactic

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
hahahahaha, that's an amazing idea, i don't know if she would have the strength to hold a drone while all the rotors were spinning.

yeah she said it was perverted, also they didn't know how to hold the drone so i landed in the front and then no one wanted to touch it so i ended up driving over to pick it up..... totally anticlimactic
Umm y'hold big things by the little parts and little things by the big parts. Tractors trains tanks vs toddlers tonkas tamagotchi...

Added to the fact that people fear what they dont understand, we can also choose to fail to understand.

Juko

Juko

Reaction score
I hold a UAS pilots license through faa.
Get caught doing this stuff for your business without a license and you will feel the long shaft of our government entering your orifices and raping you for thousands upon thousands of dollars. Plus possible jail time.
If you have all the waivers approved and are legally flying with a UAS license and it's for you business and someone shoots at, down your UAS they will be charged with a felony. It's the same as shooting at a plane in the air. Because it is an FAA sanctioned flight.

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
nope, the drone license got discontinued a few months ago already, all over the DJI forums. I did get my license though since it's pretty cheap.

however, now drones like DJI go through an update process that will check if you are in a no fly zone, and will update you.

Juko

Juko

Reaction score
nope, the drone license got discontinued a few months ago already, all over the DJI forums. I did get my license though since it's pretty cheap.

however, now drones like DJI go through an update process that will check if you are in a no fly zone, and will update you.
The UAS license did not get discontinued. The requirement to register your UAS with the FAA (for hobby use) was discontinued. You are still required to register your UAS for commercial use

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
ah yes you are correct about that.

Top Bottom