direct scanning of impression

G

gotosleep33

Reaction score
hello

would anyone share his experience about scanning of impression with 3 shape d900, Dental wings and Medit Blue.?
We will use it for an ortho lab so no crown and bridge.
Is this method of scanning accurate enough and how fast is the process?
I"m looking for some feedback before contacting resellers.

Thank you very much.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
dental wings impression scanner seems to be a bit better engineered but i havent actually seen one used. 3shape's impression scans are iffy at best, and simply can't work for every case. a far better use for it (and indeed its intended use) is post-core design.

no idea about medit blue, someone else will have to comment.

BDDS

BDDS

Reaction score
Medit blue is a great system for scanning impressions ... personally, like the other systems I still feel you need to triage your cases and look at the impression before scanning. With a good product in, you'll get a good product out. The new Medit Blue 2015 claims to be even faster as well, so I look forward to having those available.

krashd133

krashd133

Reaction score
We have done a few impression scans with our D900 and it barely works with a really shallow impression...anything with some depth and it doesn't work

How much are the Medit Blue scanners?

L

LarryRDC

Reaction score
I've scanned a few impressions with my Medit Blue just to see how it would turn out. I Designed crowns from the impression scan, then poured solid models to check the accuracy when they came back from milling. I was pleasantly surprised to find that they fit just fine.

BDDS

BDDS

Reaction score
Medit Blue is extremely affordable ... Blue 2015 is available for the same pricing through the end of the year. Run between $15-24k depending on software requirements.

Sydceramist

Sydceramist

Reaction score
What about the Sirona Ineos X5? any reviews on that...

adam_medit

adam_medit

Reaction score
I've scanned a few impressions with my Medit Blue just to see how it would turn out. I Designed crowns from the impression scan, then poured solid models to check the accuracy when they came back from milling. I was pleasantly surprised to find that they fit just fine.
Have you been able to do any more impression scans with the Identica Blue?

G

GarryB

Reaction score
hello

would anyone share his experience about scanning of impression with 3 shape d900, Dental wings and Medit Blue.?
We will use it for an ortho lab so no crown and bridge.
Is this method of scanning accurate enough and how fast is the process?
I"m looking for some feedback before contacting resellers.

Thank you very much.
Not a D900 but D750.....we have been playing with scanning impressions for the purpose of a P&C and PFM crown. Very early stages but was very impressed with the result of the scan, looked far better resolution than the stone model that was poured and cast fron the same imp.
Designing the P&C, very interesting and not there yet.