Digital....

nvarras

nvarras

Reaction score
I almost cringed when I typed the title. Who's gone digital? I'm considering it more for flexible partials and some of my dentures.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
It really is just another tool to make prosthetics with.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Saying digital is just another tool, is like saying a ferrari is just another way to get around... like a horse..

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
is it accurate enough for RPD/denture work on a regular basis?

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
only if you're making partials for horses...
tenor.gif

JayH

JayH

Geek
Reaction score

Depends who you ask, doesn't it? Remember those original Bruxzir coming off the big Haas machines? Jimmy changed the business with what some would argue was a much less accurate part.

I'd venture to say this though: consistent RPDs are a tougher nut to crack than full dentures.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Depends who you ask, doesn't it? Remember those original Bruxzir coming off the big Haas machines? Jimmy changed the business with what some would argue was a much less accurate part.

I'd venture to say this though: consistent RPDs are a tougher nut to crack than full dentures.
so what do you think? is it ready to go full steam on RPD frames and printed dentures?

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
so what do you think? is it ready to go full steam on RPD frames and printed dentures?
industry needs a paradigm shift first - a way to stop thinking like the teachings of 100 year old textbooks is correct, useful, and a directive for digital manufacturing.

we need to feed an AI some the rules for partial design, and let it iteratively generate better structure, form, and manufacturing method.

because 3d printed metals suck. and 3d cut metals also are painful to produce.

JayH

JayH

Geek
Reaction score
I think input, design, and output is there. Manufacturing for full (budget) dentures is there but cost is set to start down next quarter once materials options increase.

It seems the jury is still out regarding full-on manufacturing of RPDs.

doug

doug

Reaction score
If you're going to jump into the water of digital ask a lot of questions here and everywhere else you can before spending any money. I spent a good bit of money, was promised the world and got nothing from one of the big implant companies. Round 2 I did much better and have enough experience with a total system to be able to be very productive and profitable. Oh yeah, just because your labor cost goes down doesn't mean you need to lower your fees. You still have to service the equipment and it will need to be upgraded.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
industry needs a paradigm shift first - a way to stop thinking like the teachings of 100 year old textbooks is correct, useful, and a directive for digital manufacturing.

we need to feed an AI some the rules for partial design, and let it iteratively generate better structure, form, and manufacturing method.

because 3d printed metals suck. and 3d cut metals also are painful to produce.
printing materials suck.
r&d needs to up its game on materials. the printers are nearly ready if not already.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
I think input, design, and output is there. Manufacturing for full (budget) dentures is there but cost is set to start down next quarter once materials options increase.

It seems the jury is still out regarding full-on manufacturing of RPDs.
see above... (regarding printing)
and ive milled a digitally designed frame. workflow is there for sure.

Chalky

Chalky

Reaction score
I think personally its a 'watch this space' scenario for me....
a lot is constantly changing in this space, interesting times definitely! but not quite there yet for me when I compare to current techniques vs time vs cost etc...
but its definitely on the way. we'd all be silly to not keep a close eye on this stuff!!

G

grantoz

Reaction score
when i see the implant models ive printed with the analogs in place and then i read the latest pubmed paper comparing full arch implant scan to traditional open tray luted implant impression technique and they find the scan impressions significantly more accurate than traditional techniques you know printing is already there.sure the plastic you print isnt as strong Zi or metal no surprise there but for models surgical guides temps splints and dentures and anything plastic the sky is the limit it just comes down to your software and the operator no magic digital button though the dentists are still waiting for that one.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Digital has given us so many more material options.
Outsourcing from my designs has freed me up to be more of the architect and less of the general labourer..

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
I think if youre waiting to get on board because of certain limitations in materials, those needs are being met right now through R and D and you will only be that much further behind the arc when the game changes again..

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
I think if youre waiting to get on board because of certain limitations in materials, those needs are being met right now through R and D and you will only be that much further behind the arc when the game changes again..
are you referring to printing material?

Top Bottom