Digital Denture

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Geez I don’t even want to go to Dental Lab meetings anymore. Or symposiums

Don’t want to spend my free time with Dental anymore.
I'm at that point too.I can watch everything on Youtube.
Maybe it's because I'm not an old geezer yet, but I find inspiration when learning about cutting edge concepts. Trade shows?, I'll pass, but
educational symposiums are an opportunity to get together with the friends I've made around the world here and other online places and discuss
the different projects we are experimenting with.

And have a few beers of course.

Sure you can trade ideas over the net, but it's different with a face to face conversation.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Maybe it's because I'm not an old geezer yet, but I find inspiration when learning about cutting edge concepts. Trade shows?, I'll pass, but
educational symposiums are an opportunity to get together with the friends I've made around the world here and other online places and discuss
the different projects we are experimenting with.

And have a few beers of course.

Sure you can trade ideas over the net, but it's different with a face to face conversation.
It's also very expensive when the syposiums are far away. That's very prohibitive especially when you have to shut down the business for a few extra days.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
It's also very expensive when the syposiums are far away. That's very prohibitive especially when you have to shut down the business for a few extra days.
Cost is one thing, but another is I have a million things to get back on track plus everything that came in while I was away.Banghead I need to start scheduling again....

Affinity

Affinity

This is the biggest reason I dont ever get out to CE.. its all good when youre gone, but its not worth it when you get back. Theres never anything closer than 6 hours away.

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

I am lucky I live 3 hours from Chicago and I have college friends in downtown Chicago that gave me keys to their townhouses. :)

PCDL

PCDL

I'm putting my feet in the water with this one. The cost is there, the workflows are being finalized, and it's only a matter of time. This was my first time doing this, and I'm not a denture tech. I'm looking at an all in cost of ~$60, and that's with outsourcing designs and prints. It's scan, apply composite, and done.

Mind you, the denture is a course model, not a live case, and attention is on the base, not the teeth, which I personally didn't like printed, but the base is legit.

IMG_20181103_133542.jpgIMG_20181103_133601.jpg

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

I'm putting my feet in the water with this one. The cost is there, the workflows are being finalized, and it's only a matter of time. This was my first time doing this, and I'm not a denture tech. I'm looking at an all in cost of ~$60, and that's with outsourcing designs and prints. It's scan, apply composite, and done.

Mind you, the denture is a course model, not a live case, and attention is on the base, not the teeth, which I personally didn't like printed, but the base is legit.

View attachment 31317View attachment 31318
Pretty cool for under $60. I think the low cost denture market has huge potential when you can lower your labour investment.

Patrick Coon

Patrick Coon

Looks nice! What system was it produced on (printer/material)?

PCDL

PCDL

Looks nice! What system was it produced on (printer/material)?
That's a carbon/dentca print with anaxdent composite on top. I don't like the printed teeth, I think Currently a multi shade pmma may be a better esthetic/strength option, but the base is nice.

Dominick

Dominick

Hold them to whatever standard you want, but it's their company. They can do what they want with their products.

Who's saying it isn't??

Spoiler alert: It's not.

Spoiler alert: It is.

Now you're introducing an enitrely different scenario: fraud. Promising one brand-specific item, but providing a product from another company is lying, also known as fraud. That's a different conversation.

Dominick

Dominick

As professionals .. are our ideas of what a full denture is supposed to be, both aesthetically and functionally, not wrong, but not evolved to the modern reality? First let us be honest about the aesthetics of full dentures, specifically acrylic work. I, like many of you, enjoy the artistry that can be involved in the creation of restorations. In regards to this post, I am talking about aesthetics of waxing and acrylic work for tissue base. Highly stylizing a full denture with varying colors and fibers along with gingival anatomy and tissue stippling not only slightly mimics the natural look of tissue, but also can be very beautiful and appealing. Here is the thing though, 99% of the time, all the time and artistry is hidden above the smile line. Besides the first visual impressions of the patient and as a marketing tool for dentists (only applicable for certain ones, some don't care). Once in the mouth all stylization is basically irrelevant and unless careful can add hygiene issues. As others in this thread have stated, in a year or two, three, four, that once beautiful denture not only is no longer visually appealing, but more importantly; it is barely functional as the mouth has changed. Instead of believing our artistic ability should be placed above the patient's reality in hopes of trying to charge for the same profit margins of 10-20 years ago, should our views shift to full dentures as a disposable product, not one that should last forever and priced to the point people have to choose between their mouth or their living costs? JW

C

Craig T

The artistry might be hidden above the smile line, but the patient sees it before every insertion. The confidence in their smile is enhanced by the quality of the restoration. This does not apply to every patient or practice, but it is important for those patients and practices that require this differentiator.

Printing is the future for low cost dentures. Once enough techs are trained in the printing process, they will be snapped up by in-house labs and the dental labs will be left out in the cold. Dental labs won't even be needed for relines and repairs, simply scan and print a new denture with any aesthetic changes the patient requires for the cost of a reline.

I

Inna-Hurry

Looks like it fits the mouth great from here. Nice work.

F

FASTFNGR

Listened to an interesting episode of the new Dental Lab Podcast, Voices From The Bench, hosted by Elvis Dahl and Barbara Wodjan. Here is the link for anyone interested in listening: http://www.voicesfromthebench.com/16 . (this is only part one of the roundtable, I'm interested to see where it goes in part two next week)

What really made me think is, they were asking the question, "How many of your doctors are asking for Digital Denture?" To me this is the wrong thinking. I don't want a doctor to ask me to make a digital denture, I want to ask me to make them a denture. Just like I don't want them to ask me make them a digitally created a crown from IPS e.max CAD, I want them to ask me to make an IPS e.max crown. Let me choose my manufacturing process: hand-wax or milled wax, press or CAD/CAM. I want to do the same with the digital denture process: do I pour the impressions or do I scan them, do I do a traditional set-up or do I use my CAD/CAM process. As long as the doctor is getting the desired result, and a prosthesis of equal or better quality, my manufacturing process should be what fits my laboratory workflow the best.

What do you all think?
You have to tell your Dr how much it cost him first because he is paying for it. Then you have to tell him not to reline that denture ever with other lab than yours because if he sends it to another lab, and after reline they start reshaping that denture, they will take out all the bonded fibers and coloring on it and they will have a one ugly denture that is deseased with different shades and colors. No one is against technology but everything has its own time. Digital denture is not there yet for the average Dr. Probably the high ends one for now till you can compete with the standard denture quality. That is my opinion.

Guest Room
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Chat Bot:
    Room has been pruned!
    Chat Bot: Room has been pruned!
    Top Bottom