Digital Denture

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Ratings
7,249 113
Geez I don’t even want to go to Dental Lab meetings anymore. Or symposiums

Don’t want to spend my free time with Dental anymore.
I'm at that point too.I can watch everything on Youtube.
Maybe it's because I'm not an old geezer yet, but I find inspiration when learning about cutting edge concepts. Trade shows?, I'll pass, but
educational symposiums are an opportunity to get together with the friends I've made around the world here and other online places and discuss
the different projects we are experimenting with.

And have a few beers of course.

Sure you can trade ideas over the net, but it's different with a face to face conversation.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Ratings
9,714 256
Maybe it's because I'm not an old geezer yet, but I find inspiration when learning about cutting edge concepts. Trade shows?, I'll pass, but
educational symposiums are an opportunity to get together with the friends I've made around the world here and other online places and discuss
the different projects we are experimenting with.

And have a few beers of course.

Sure you can trade ideas over the net, but it's different with a face to face conversation.
It's also very expensive when the syposiums are far away. That's very prohibitive especially when you have to shut down the business for a few extra days.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Ratings
7,249 113
It's also very expensive when the syposiums are far away. That's very prohibitive especially when you have to shut down the business for a few extra days.
Cost is one thing, but another is I have a million things to get back on track plus everything that came in while I was away.Banghead I need to start scheduling again....

Affinity

Affinity

Ratings
2,361 40
This is the biggest reason I dont ever get out to CE.. its all good when youre gone, but its not worth it when you get back. Theres never anything closer than 6 hours away.

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Ratings
166 2
I am lucky I live 3 hours from Chicago and I have college friends in downtown Chicago that gave me keys to their townhouses. :)

PCDL

PCDL

Ratings
I'm putting my feet in the water with this one. The cost is there, the workflows are being finalized, and it's only a matter of time. This was my first time doing this, and I'm not a denture tech. I'm looking at an all in cost of ~$60, and that's with outsourcing designs and prints. It's scan, apply composite, and done.

Mind you, the denture is a course model, not a live case, and attention is on the base, not the teeth, which I personally didn't like printed, but the base is legit.

IMG_20181103_133542.jpg IMG_20181103_133601.jpg

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Ratings
9,714 256
I'm putting my feet in the water with this one. The cost is there, the workflows are being finalized, and it's only a matter of time. This was my first time doing this, and I'm not a denture tech. I'm looking at an all in cost of ~$60, and that's with outsourcing designs and prints. It's scan, apply composite, and done.

Mind you, the denture is a course model, not a live case, and attention is on the base, not the teeth, which I personally didn't like printed, but the base is legit.

View attachment 31317 View attachment 31318
Pretty cool for under $60. I think the low cost denture market has huge potential when you can lower your labour investment.

Patrick Coon

Patrick Coon

Ratings
1,139 6

View attachment 31317 View attachment 31318
Looks nice! What system was it produced on (printer/material)?

PCDL

PCDL

Ratings
Looks nice! What system was it produced on (printer/material)?
That's a carbon/dentca print with anaxdent composite on top. I don't like the printed teeth, I think Currently a multi shade pmma may be a better esthetic/strength option, but the base is nice.

Guest Room
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Chat Bot:
    Room has been pruned!
    Chat Bot: Room has been pruned!