Difficult case

Adi

Adi

Reaction score
Hi
What are the options to reshape the smile of this young lady? IMG_20191130_230331.png IMG_20191130_230145.png IMG_20191130_230106.png

Last edited:
millennium

millennium

Donator
Reaction score
She needs perio surgery. Some bone augmentation. Got to lift that gum by at least 3mm

Flipperlady

Flipperlady

Reaction score
I would ask her how she feels about the way she looks. What does she want to accomplish from this? Personally , I think making the teeth themselves the best they could be should be enough, the rest is just being unique (I hate "perfection" to be honest). If the pt. is fine with teeth cleaned, brightened, repaired, and say it's the mother who has the problem, then I would refer to a counselor before staring something too drastic.

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
Needs orthodontic treatment before you start, #10 overlapping is excessive and so is # 7 in a lesser sence

millennium

millennium

Donator
Reaction score
Needs orthodontic treatment before you start, #10 overlapping is excessive and so is # 7 in a lesser sence
If the ortho option is being used the orthodontist might move the centrals up and the bone and gum will follow.

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
There are limitations to what you can do to improve this case, specially if ortho treatment and tooth lengthening are skipped.

Last edited:
2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
The incisal edges of the centrals are right where they need to be lengthwise according to the smile line. The canines are a little to far into the smile line. If you do crown lengthening on this patient the length to width ratio will be off significantly for the incisors. If Ortho is chosen to intrude the teeth what happens to the patient's occlussion and guidance?

Do a diagnostic work up either digitally or traditionally to help find the best approach to solve this case. This is the only predictable way to make any useful suggestions.

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
A diagnostic wax up will help if you are at some liberty to adjust teeth in this case/ model to achieve improvements

Last edited:
Davalier

Davalier

Reaction score
A magical touch of an Orthognathic Surgery, Ortho, Perio, and Veneers should be enough.o_O

Doris A

Doris A

Donator
Solutions
Reaction score
@Adi what was the final outcome of this 3 year old case?