Different brands of press to Zr

user name

user name

Reaction score
I do a lot of press to Zr, and I wrestle with Ivoclar Zirpress. It tends to run low-value for me. Im thinking about trying some DC Ceram 9.2 ingots from Zubler. I see they have both a value line and the full vita line up. Anyone have experience with it?

My main concern isnt bundling for economy on posteriors; Im looking for top of the line esthetic anterior press to Zr and some enamel overlay for the final tweeks.

Patrick Coon

Patrick Coon

Reaction score
Are you pressing the LT or HT ZirPress Ingots. If you are using a translucent zirconia (ie: Zenostar) and pressing the HT over it, you probably don't have enough opacity in your substructure and I would then use the LT; especially since you are then layering Transpa Incisals over that.

If I an using an opaque zirconia (ie: Zenotec) and not layering any incisals then I would use the HT ZirPress ingots, as the opaque zirconia is then your Dentin opacity and shade.

Hope this helps!

user name

user name

Reaction score
Hi Patrick. Im using Jensens XT zirconia and the frames look great. Im staining them close to the vita guide but staying light, both on chroma and value. I use the clear zirliner and press the HT ingots. Its not just me...this issue of value has been discussed here before.

pjd cdt

pjd cdt

Reaction score
I use aesthetic press and have been very happy with it. I tried ZirPress, Cercon press and ceramco zr press and found ZirPress to be my least favorite. I also use pulse interface for my press to metal and would use the pulse interface press to zirconia but Jensen refused to distribute in the USA. I will most likely switch to the Zubler [Ceramay] press in the future.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Hi Patrick. Im using Jensens XT zirconia and the frames look great. Im staining them close to the vita guide but staying light, both on chroma and value. I use the clear zirliner and press the HT ingots. Its not just me...this issue of value has been discussed here before.
HTs lose value the thicker they are.

user name

user name

Reaction score
I use aesthetic press and have been very happy with it. I tried ZirPress, Cercon press and ceramco zr press and found ZirPress to be my least favorite. I also use pulse interface for my press to metal and would use the pulse interface press to zirconia but Jensen refused to distribute in the USA. I will most likely switch to the Zubler [Ceramay] press in the future.
Clarify for me...you say you use Aesthetic press, but youre going to switch to Zublers Ceremay. I have some older Aesthetic stuff from Jensen that also carries the Ceremay name on the label. Where is the split between names/material/supplier?

Patrick Coon

Patrick Coon

Reaction score

Understood. But I would also mention that the Jensen XT would be a translucent zirconia, and in that case I would press with the ZirPress LT ingots to get a little opacity. The reason we sometimes see the reduced translucency in the Ceram and ZirPress HT materials is that they were developed back when there were really only opaque substructure materials (zirconia and e.max MO/HO) and with the more translucent substructures available today, too much light passes through and is not reflected back.

pjd cdt

pjd cdt

Reaction score
I believe that Ceramay is a division of Zubler and they supplied Jensen with pulse mc. I don't know if Jensen still gets there porcelain from Ceramay.
The Aesthetic Press(apdental.net) that I use now is not affiliated with Jensen or Zubler.

user name

user name

Reaction score
Im going to select a model and mill out several copings for a test. Ill use A-2 for everything. Im first going to use my usual..Zirpress. I also have coming some Shofu Vintage Zr ingots in A-2, and some Shofu One Shot that Ill stain, and I think Ill order some from Zubler. We'll see how it looks and Ill report back.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
What's wrong with czr press ?

Zubler USA

Zubler USA

Reaction score
Clarify for me...you say you use Aesthetic press, but youre going to switch to Zublers Ceremay. I have some older Aesthetic stuff from Jensen that also carries the Ceremay name on the label. Where is the split between names/material/supplier?

I do a lot of press to Zr, and I wrestle with Ivoclar Zirpress. It tends to run low-value for me. Im thinking about trying some DC Ceram 9.2 ingots from Zubler. I see they have both a value line and the full vita line up. Anyone have experience with it?

My main concern isnt bundling for economy on posteriors; Im looking for top of the line esthetic anterior press to Zr and some enamel overlay for the final tweeks.

Hi User Name,

I think you will be please with what we have to offer. I can give you the bla, bla sales pitch. No matter what I say, You must try it to find out what YOU think. Then you have to post some pictures on the forum and tell everybody:

1. How it looks
2. How the price was in comparison to others
3. How we didn't make you buy a new oven to use it ;)

Give me a call and let me know when you would like to try.

user name

user name

Reaction score
Chris, call me Bob. After all, we do know each other...although, maybe you didnt realize this was me?

Zubler USA

Zubler USA

Reaction score
Hi Bob,

I forget who is who sometimes. This is why my pseudonym carries my signature.

Top Bottom