Difference between resin size and metal

Adi

Adi

Reaction score
Hi
When I print a crown or a bridge the result is perfect, fitting is perfect, but when I cast(metal or pressed ceramic) them they become hard fitting, the bridge doesn't inter at all.
Could you please provide some information regarding this issue.

Printer : Phrozen sonic 4k, creality

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Hi
When I print a crown or a bridge the result is perfect, fitting is perfect, but when I cast(metal or pressed ceramic) them they become hard fitting, the bridge doesn't inter at all.
Could you please provide some information regarding this issue.

Printer : Phrozen sonic 4k, creality
Have you tested one before casting?
You could have issues with printer settings not supplying enough gap taht the voxel being present instead of absent at an edge case of presence may be enough to hang things up
You could also need to adjust your investment ratios or change investment to one that is intended for your printed material instead of wax if you have not investigated that.

Adi

Adi

Reaction score
Investment expansion. More water, less expansion. What are investment are you using now? What ratio?
Protecno.
I usually don't add any water and the fitting is super (wax).

Adi

Adi

Reaction score
voxel being present instead of absent at an edge case of presence
I'm having trouble understanding this phrase, could you please explain more.

Adi

Adi

Reaction score
You could also need to adjust your investment ratios or change investment to one that is intended for your printed material instead of wax if you have not investigated that.
There's one for printed?!
I didn't know that.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
I'm having trouble understanding this phrase, could you please explain more.
On your screen you have pixels, they are the squares that light or don't light and are on a up/down, right/left grid

In printing (unless you use Form) the same thing happens as the screen at the bottom of the vat blocks or allows light. So there's your pixel.
Now add in the towards/awayfrom the screen dimension (the minimal layer height) and you have a cube instead of a square.
The cube is called a Voxel.

The cubes will either be there or not, they will not change size. The way software decides to print or not print a voxel is a deeper ideal than I really undersand and it can be a proprietery thing even.
Assume a simple world and if your design is 51% of the size of the voxel, it will print that spot, if 49% it won't. What happens when it's exactlyl 50%

that's an edge case. It could decide either way.

The thing is our stuff isn't square, so if you have a curve that makes a quick change in radius you may hit an edge case also.

did that help?

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
He said the wax patterns fit. The loss of size can only come from the investment. I know its hard to find other products where you are but if you can get bego it will fix that problem. Never heard of protecno, but if youre not using water, that could be part of the problem, although that should give you full expansion. It depends on the investment. But from what you described, that is 99.9%, an investment issue, you get what you pay for, and if nothing is fitting its time to dump that stuff.

Adi

Adi

Reaction score
On your screen you have pixels, they are the squares that light or don't light and are on a up/down, right/left grid

In printing (unless you use Form) the same thing happens as the screen at the bottom of the vat blocks or allows light. So there's your pixel.
Now add in the towards/awayfrom the screen dimension (the minimal layer height) and you have a cube instead of a square.
The cube is called a Voxel.

The cubes will either be there or not, they will not change size. The way software decides to print or not print a voxel is a deeper ideal than I really undersand and it can be a proprietery thing even.
Assume a simple world and if your design is 51% of the size of the voxel, it will print that spot, if 49% it won't. What happens when it's exactlyl 50%

that's an edge case. It could decide either way.

The thing is our stuff isn't square, so if you have a curve that makes a quick change in radius you may hit an edge case also.

did that help?
Yes it's clear now thank
He said the wax patterns fit. The loss of size can only come from the investment. I know its hard to find other products where you are but if you can get bego it will fix that problem. Never heard of protecno, but if youre not using water, that could be part of the problem, although that should give you full expansion. It depends on the investment. But from what you described, that is 99.9%, an investment issue, you get what you pay for, and if nothing is fitting its time to dump that stuff.
So if I understood correctly, resin petterns and wax patterns should not be invested together in one mold, resin should be in a special investment.
Unfortunately BEGO isn't available anymore, but what's the name of the brand that's for investing resin? I may look at the specifications and come out with something.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
You can invest them together. The brand of investment isnt important as your heat rate. These wax and resins need to be slowly run up to at least 900'c to make sure it is burnt out completely, then you can drop it back down to 820-850', depending on if what your casting or if youre pressing. The symptoms of the resin not being burnt out are short margins or very rough finish on the casting or press, not necessarily not enough expansion although it might be possible, make sure you are following the investment instructions to a T, set a timer exactly when you dump in the powder into the liquid. The expansion is also controlled by exothermic reaction (if youre using speed investment) and the temp of the oven when you put it in, the rate rise, the length of burnout, etc.. Many variables.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
What brands of investment are available to you?