Die Stone

PRO ARTS DL

PRO ARTS DL

Reaction score
Sounds like bad distorted impressions, not your stone or spacer settings. Unless your stone is shrinking it shouldnt pose that problem. Especially if no one else complains of it. Some Drs think a crown 'fits' tight or actually doesnt seat and send it back but they dont adjust the contacts..:banghead:

Yeah no one else has given complains for that. I've been trying to be around more deliveries of crowns and they usually go in right away with no adjustments.

I guess I'll also check with him if he's checking the contacts when the crowns are too tight.

Davor RDT

Davor RDT

Reaction score
I know I know this has been talked through before but I wanted to see if there's newer opinions.

What is everyone currently using?

We currently use Talladium's Tuff Rock in white. I personally like it but I've been wondering if it may be causing some problems.

This one doctor always complains that his crowns are too tight. He always asks for as much die spacer as we can. I am always adding as much as the slider lets me on exocad and also started expanding the crown on the x/y axis about 0.02. To me this just seems more like a band-aid to a different problem.

Could it be a problem that this stone just expands too litttle? According to Talladium it expands 0.05% which seems to be on the lower end for all the type IV die stones out there.

Only this doctor complains about that unless there's more doctors with the same problem but they're just not saying anything?

-

Back to die stone brands. Pretty much everyone seems to agree that Fujirock is really good. I'm just a bit confused with all the different ones they have which honestly seem the same. They have EP, EP Premium, and New Fujirock.... The expansions seem to be really similar... Any ideas on what's the difference? I asked GC and I was sent some descriptions that dont help at all.

Also, does anyone have a preference in color or think there are benefits of some colors? GC seems to mention the brown or ivory is ideal for ceramic restorations. I personally like plain white but I'm always open to suggestions.

Thanks!
Fugirock ep classic for conventional c&b and single unit implant cases , fugirock ep premium for multiple unit implantwork . Nothing else comes close enough .
Cheers!

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
we switched from fujirock to ResinRock within the first month of crowns seating.

I like the gray for carving, the detail is much more visible, esp under the microscope.. we also wax any voids or sharp preps rather than increase overall spacer settings. seating at the bench typically involves carving wax off the die, once in a while grinding zir to seat, but not much.

tempImage0Gn7tt.png