Die Spacers for All Ceramic

P

PJNZ

Reaction score
Hi guys,

First time poster here, got a question regarding which die spacers I should be using for all ceramic restoration, press emax in particular.

I'm current using Shofu Nice fit (gold color) which has a composition of 10-20% yellow cooper powder. I have been noticing that my thin emax venners has a light green tint from time to time, weather this is from the die spacer content I'm not sure, but it's the only product that contain metal content I can think of so far in the whole process,

Is there a recommend die spacer for all ceramic or are they all universal?

Any help would be much appreciated
Cheers

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Hi guys,

First time poster here, got a question regarding which die spacers I should be using for all ceramic restoration, press emax in particular.

I'm current using Shofu Nice fit (gold color) which has a composition of 10-20% yellow cooper powder. I have been noticing that my thin emax venners has a light green tint from time to time, weather this is from the die spacer content I'm not sure, but it's the only product that contain metal content I can think of so far in the whole process,

Is there a recommend die spacer for all ceramic or are they all universal?

Any help would be much appreciated
Cheers
thats the most outdated style of spacing IMHO
try using ivoclars rem-e-die

its a removable die spacer, takes a few mins extra to dry, but you peel it off when youre done and the dies look far better than those nasty gold/silver/blue/red/green paints.

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
I have been noticing that my thin emax venners has a light green tint from time to time
This may come from your furnace being contaminated, too. If your furnace has a 'cleaning cycle', I would definitely run it!

D

Dentalmike

Reaction score
thats the most outdated style of spacing IMHO
try using ivoclars rem-e-die

its a removable die spacer, takes a few mins extra to dry, but you peel it off when youre done and the dies look far better than those nasty gold/silver/blue/red/green paints.

the rem-e-die was discontinued by ivoclar. I think they sell harvest suresep that is similar, but thicker drying imo.

user name

user name

Reaction score
Metal ferrule on your glaze brush.
Metal instrument used to stir glaze?

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I stopped using die spacer. Just add more hardener where you want to.

P

PJNZ

Reaction score
Thank you for all your help guys, we've purchased a new burn out furnace about 1 month ago and regularly clean our press furnace ep3010. All instruments and equipment have been check, clean or replaces. Just on occasion we get a green tint emax press. At the moment we are experimenting with different investment, wax, and time of press. Just waiting for my die spacer to arrive (renfert die.master) and I'll see the outcome.

user name

user name

Reaction score
One more thought...I dont set the invested ring flat in the oven. I grind the top very light to break the glaze on the investment, and add a bevel to the open end so I can easily prop it at an angle against the back of the burnout. It allows the melted wax and residue to escape without using the hollow ring as a chimney. There is often a greenish hue to the ring where the gasses are passing by.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
TH
One more thought...I dont set the invested ring flat in the oven. I grind the top very light to break the glaze on the investment, and add a bevel to the open end so I can easily prop it at an angle against the back of the burnout. It allows the melted wax and residue to escape without using the hollow ring as a chimney. There is often a greenish hue to the ring where the gasses are passing by.
I thought everyone took the glaze off the opposite of entry end. Gas gotta go somewhere.

ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score

This works too. These discs are from the ring caps .

C0D7D6A1-7B32-4F57-90F7-16BE855CBE56.jpeg