Die spacer

SJ

SJ

Reaction score
Is there a difference in the colors of the die spacers? Gold, blue, red, etc...? Doctor wants specifically a blue color, and we are using a gold... I don’t see a point in buying a blue die spacer for this doctor if there is no difference except color...

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
I can find a dozen companies that make a blue die spacer with claimed thicknesses of 10 to 15 microns, all of which change as the solvent evaporates...
I’d put a list of at least 10 blue die spacers together and ask him which one he wants...

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
The die spacers I have with their pretty variety of colors are setting old motionless with sorrows on time gone by and weathering on the vine, and no point in reviving them with a drink in this digital virtual age.

Last edited:
Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
I can find a dozen companies that make a blue die spacer with claimed thicknesses of 10 to 15 microns, all of which change as the solvent evaporates...
I’d put a list of at least 10 blue die spacers together and ask him which one he wants...

Yep, and they also change as we thin them out with thinner (or water).
Our eyes can tell us whats going on. Can we still see the prep bur marks after the 2nd coat, then add another coat.
For me it was more by observation of how it was going on, rather than the color.
But if the Dr wants blue, and believes blue is going to give him the results that will help him sleep at night, so be it.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
You are more familiar and up to speed with our country than a lot of people who live here.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Like, Agree and Funny.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
You are more familiar and up to speed with our country than a lot of people who live here.
Ironically , up here, conservatives are the blue team and liberals are the reds. We also have greens and oranges.
Greens and oranges are very similar to reds but not the blues.
Most blues have grey hair.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
And if you mix them all together, they form the "complex grey" party.
Had to get a little dental lab color theory in there :)