JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
The heat cure IFU is wrong

I spoke with them over the discrepancy between the powder bottle processing technique and the IFU last month. They were unaware that it was different.
I gave them a respectable time interval to make their own announcement. Big boats turn slow and all that.

They have not. So I am.

They said you should *not* boil for only 30 minutes, that the IFU is wrong, and the bottle instructions are correct.

The proper short cure cycle is:
You should always boil for 60 minutes, after 90 minutes at 165F.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
The sticker on the heat cure powder bottle says:
METHODS OF CURE
a) 90 minutes at 165F, 60 minutes boil (212F)
b)Cure at 165F for 8-10 hours. Cool Slowly.

The IFU says:
Heat polymerization/short cure Option 2
After 20 minute resting period place packed or injected
and clamped flask into room temperature water bath and
raise temperature to 165 ̊F (73 ̊C). Hold for 90 minutes,
and then raise temperature to a boil 212 ̊F (100 ̊C)
and hold for 30 minutes.
Remove from bath and allow
flask to cool on the counter for 20 minutes before finial
immersion in lukewarm water for final cool. Deflask and
finish

https://dental.keystoneindustries.c...015/11/Diamond-D-Heat-Cure-Instructions_1.pdf

Sda36

Sda36

Reaction score
The heat cure IFU is wrong

I spoke with them over the discrepancy between the powder bottle processing technique and the IFU last month. They were unaware that it was different.
I gave them a respectable time interval to make their own announcement. Big boats turn slow and all that.

They have not. So I am.

They said you should *not* boil for only 30 minutes, that the IFU is wrong, and the bottle instructions are correct.

The proper short cure cycle is:
You should always boil for 60 minutes, after 90 minutes at 165F.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
The sticker on the heat cure powder bottle says:

The IFU says:

https://dental.keystoneindustries.c...015/11/Diamond-D-Heat-Cure-Instructions_1.pdf
Good work !![emoji5]

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Good work !![emoji5]

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk
Thank you. I really wish they'd done it themselves. They still haven't update the IFU, which is what pushed me over the edge.

I

Inna-Hurry

Reaction score
It may be that the IFU is taking into account the approximately one hour it takes to raise the temp from room temp to 165 as the instructions say.
The bottle says to immerse into water that is already at 165 and shortens the total curing time 30 mins but increases boil time.
Quick answer from me.... waxed thin go to bottle. Thick case use the IFU or better yet go room temp to 165 for 9 hrs and boil 30 mins.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
It may be that the IFU is taking into account the approximately one hour it takes to raise the temp from room temp to 165 as the instructions say.
Hu-uhh. It's not.
The bottle says to immerse into water that is already at 165 and shortens the total curing time 30 mins but increases boil time.
Noperino. It don't. You can do it either way.
But the IFU only says to immerse into 165F water with the large amount of material preamble. The options say to put the flask into room temp water and rise to 165F. Dunno why. I'm only able to read the English version, so ...

Dude, if you missed it, it is quite simply that nobody at Keystone picked up on the mismatch, and that the IFU on the website is incorrect.
I spoke with the technical department. They admitted it was wrong.

And they had a fit as this is not a small issue. This is a regulatory problem. They gave the wrong directions on how to prepare an FDA regulated material.

Last edited:
I

Inna-Hurry

Reaction score
Lol...You are correct! I think you know where I'm coming from when I say the more vague they can be the more wiggle room they have to get out of a jam...Nobody wants accountability. Please watch vid.

I

Inna-Hurry

Reaction score
I do not personally use DiaD- never have. I do like the cool blue yars they used to give out though!

denturist-student

denturist-student

Reaction score
Use Diamond D pretty much all the time and cure for 8 hours with a cold start at 165.

D

Davesgone

Reaction score
I’ve been using Diamond D for years. It’s so easy to use. Tried Fricke acrylic, no good, way to finicky.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
I’ve been using Diamond D for years. It’s so easy to use. Tried Fricke acrylic, no good, way to finicky.
I like it a lot! Coming from Luci 199. Just wanted to make sure everyone knew since they didn't do that.