DESS vs Medentika vs NT Trading vs...

tehnik

tehnik

Reaction score
Hi

I am looking to mill pre-mill individual abutments and have found several company's, that offer their own pre-mill blocks. Also the prices are different, Dess being the cheapest. They offer lifetime warranty and all can be used with other implants brands. What is the main difference in those blocks?

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
two main differences:

1. availability of implant compatibility
2. how the blocks are gripped by the fixture of the mill.

the fixturing thing is why some mills are exclusive to some implant companies (eg Medentika blocks owned by straumann for distribution vs Straumann blocks that only work in the Straumann mill)

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
I just bought a dess fixture for my 450i, its built well, very large screws for the blank holder. It will be dedicated solely to preforms. I like dess because they innovate (and warranty).. NT trading has been around since the beginning of hybrid abutments or before, but dess has brought some cool products out like the elliptibase, aurum base, universal scan caps for ti-base, and they seem to be pushing the ball a bit more than other companies. Im not sure what their footprint is in Deutschland, but being in the US, Id rather have a domestic supply chain than rely on things coming from EU. Might be the opposite for you..

Top Bottom