Designing a FCZ with a hole

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
I am using the same version you are. I got that far...but there is no way to choose .stl files. Thanks for your help!

blue tooth

blue tooth

Reaction score
What I know, only scan files are .stl. You can import it and work on design by using Import Scan option in software, but you must first create a new design case with same parameters as old one, and after that go to scan import instead scan model option

Last edited:
Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
I thought purging all those old files would have made this POS more stable. WRONG! Third day in a row I have lost at least one scan and had to start all over. I just needed to vent. :)

B

bobbi

Reaction score
You're welcome Brett :)

Dental wings isn't bad system as many users say. Especially for the price. ;) You have to do proper maintenance of the system - removing finished designs on regular basis.
I do it every day so just 10 to max 15 files stay in system.
It's definitely slower than 3Shape, it has certain bugs in software, but it's more than usable. Quality of the scans are at same level as 3shape.
Many people do not consider the role of milling machines in whole process.
We are using Lava for zirconia and Straumann for emax. Final results are very good :).

Help if your still here.....
Hi I’m using a loaner 3 series. My 2mm for the access hole attachment is grey I cannot choose this. I know there’s a way but I can’t find it. Searching for Dwos manuals on the internet. I have done this before, so a quick jog of my vacation memory.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
I am using a DWOS 3 Series. I would like to be able to design full contour crowns on custom abutments with a screw access hole in the crown. There is an attachment I can add to the crown that says "2mm hole," but when I design the crown using that attachment, the .stl file has a 9 mm long rod going through the crown where I want the hole to be. Anyone know if it is possible for me to design a crown with a screw access hole in it?
edited, nvm!