Designer wondering about working remotely

• Thread starter jesusdesinger10
  • Start date
J

jesusdesinger10

Reaction score
I was offered a job opportunity working remotely. Has anyone here ever worked or is designing remotely from home? Is this worth my time or is it just a waste? It's not the first time I've been approached to work remotely but I was worried about paying for the computer/time and effort spent on creating a setup at home. Did the company provide for your computer/dongle? What was your wages for your work was it hourly or piece work. What did you ask for or what did they offer? Do you have deadlines? What it's like with communication about a case?
I know it's a lot of questions. My interview is in a couple hours so I'll add to the post with details of how it went. Thanks guys!

HonestAbe

HonestAbe

Reaction score
Good luck on your interview! I was thinking about this the other day, and if there was a feasible way to work from home. Instead of needing your own dongle to appease the really locked down software, I would expect it would more likely be using a remote-desktop application where the host computer had the dongle or whatever in it. There might be some input lag that way though, and that would be frustrating potentially. The good news if it's done that way is that your computer would only really need a good internet connection instead of more expensive hardware.

J

jesusdesinger10

Reaction score
That makes sense. I'm curious to see what they have I mind. I assume they have other remote workers. Fingers crossed. It would be really awesome to work from home, I'm in the Midwest and things get pretty crazy over here in the winter. 🥶

HonestAbe

HonestAbe

Reaction score
Yeah I'd be fascinated to know if they would pay by the unit or like an hourly wage or something.

J

jesusdesinger10

Reaction score
I'm going to ask for 7/unit or 28$/8hr shifts. Well see what he says. It's with Dandy Dental. I've never heard of them before. So we shall see!

tehnik

tehnik

Reaction score

Cdtflb

Cdtflb

Reaction score
Man I love working from home, especially after the last job I worked.. I swear it was the most back water place I've ever worked. I get to do my stuff and not be hassled or bothered by people. I get messages during the day.. but I'll mute them.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
I'm going to ask for 7/unit or 28$/8hr shifts. Well see what he says. It's with Dandy Dental. I've never heard of them before. So we shall see!
care to tell us how it went

KingGhidorah

KingGhidorah

Reaction score
How is it working for dandy? They seemed kind of sketchy to me so I’m curious how your experience is, feel free to PM me.

Top Bottom