Design ideas please!!!

JCDD

JCDD

Reaction score
Hello, I have a Dr requesting this type of retainer. She called it a TPA (which is different from any TPA I've made) she also wants protraction head gear hooks, w/lingual support and occ rests. I assume I should solder the two wires on the palate together? Would .040 wire be good choice or a bit to thick? Has anyone made one of these before? Any design ideas or suggestions would helpful. Thank you!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 98
F

foxysquash

Reaction score
Hello, I have a Dr requesting this type of retainer. She called it a TPA (which is different from any TPA I've made) she also wants protraction head gear hooks, w/lingual support and occ rests. I assume I should solder the two wires on the palate together? Would .040 wire be good choice or a bit to thick? Has anyone made one of these before? Any design ideas or suggestions would helpful. Thank you!

I haven't made this kind of appliance myself either, but .040 might be ok. That is the guage I use to make HAAS palate expansion appliances. Need to use a bit of muscle to bend, but .030 might not be thick enough. I use .030 for the labial bows on my Hawley Retainers.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
What did you end up doing on that case?