denturist study courses

S

sampson

Reaction score
hi -
I wish to expand into Denturisim -
are there any online or correspondence courses that i can take?
or groups I can join?
I qualified as a dental Technician in England in 1993 with a Higher National Diploma in removable appliances.
As I now now live in the Caribbean,and I am unable / unwilling to leave work for 2 to 3 years , to go off to school again,
any suggestions?
thanks in advance

Last edited:
W

wilkscm

Reaction score
there is a course in the Uk now spread over two years. What island are you working on and what is the work situation like

best chris

S

sampson

Reaction score
Based in St.Lucia
generally work is down in the whole Caribbean region , what little c+b work there is is sent to china
removable wk is the bulk of what we do - all acrylic- people dont have the money for much else -and then we have to chase up for the paymentfrom the dentist who sent the work in the first place.
hence the desire to expand into Denturism / direct to patient dentures
do you have any other info on this UK course?

W

wilkscm

Reaction score
hi there sampson yes the couse is run over 2 years part time but only gives the theory as they expect you to have already been practising the practical before. I am on the course, but what is stopping you from just doing the dentures direct anyway it is not that hard to do. Is there regulation from the government?. The course run here is the KSS Deanerry
Clinical Dental Technicians | KSS Deanery

it costs £11000 for the course.
i still think just start your own practise who will stop you

best wishes

chris

Denturist

Denturist

Reaction score
ANY DENTURE COURSES IN THE US???

You can contact Bates Technical College in Tacoma, Washington.
Dr. Ken Kais
253-680-7314

They were also working on putting together a distance ed course, not sure where they are on that though.

M

mike123

Reaction score
well really thanks for Uk address..i was also looking for that dental course

denturist-student

denturist-student

Reaction score
I would do more research before enrolling in a distance ed course...All depends upon the licensing requirements of the denturist college where you are situated. Some licensing bodies require full time diploma....plus completion of licensing examination...So I would do a bit more research on what transition requirements you may have to go through....take care....Dan

H

HDL Owner

Reaction score
my question is why? You hate being the middleman? 1- have receptionist: 21,000$ a year, a waiting room: invest 20,000 minimum, computer system to handle insurance and cash as well as payment schedules, Axu help another 100,000 annually. Point being in the end you can not offer your patients a cheaper, higher quality product then they now get! opps forgot dental chairs at 4,000$ each. misc cost another 50,000$, recoup education costs for degree 10,000$ I say go for it! Just my opinion

H

HDL Owner

Reaction score
I guess I am "simple" or " silly" I am quite happy making 175,000$ a year and let the dentist handle all the aggrivation, insurance stuff, staffing problem with 20 women PMSing at the same time, grummpy patients, missed appointments, and the IRS! :)

A

acdentur

Reaction score
hi -
I wish to expand into Denturisim -
are there any online or correspondence courses that i can take?
or groups I can join?
I qualified as a dental Technician in England in 1993 with a Higher National Diploma in removable appliances.
As I now now live in the Caribbean,and I am unable / unwilling to leave work for 2 to 3 years , to go off to school again,
any suggestions?
thanks in advance

I just came across this post. If you still haven't enrolled in any course, also consider the one at the University of Otago in NewZealand. Their program is mostly done by correspondence, you have 2x 2week blocks over two yrs, 4 in total to see patients there and complete the patient work. Denturism is good, I've just qualified here in Australia, I fully recommend doing the course properly, theres more to this than just taking impressions. You need the same clinical examination training which the dentists get...

Mile Zero Denture Clinic

Mile Zero Denture Clinic

Reaction score
there is an online program in the us through the American College of Denturists. I think thats what it was called. they are fairly new, just began there first semester last fall I believe.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
HDL how do you make $175,000 a year? Are you saying youre not a lab owner?

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
At $35k, for the 2 year course, I would ask any denturists out there, is it worth it? How much are you charging per arch? I live in a denturism state, and there is one other office in town, but realistically, how many pts are you seeing each month?