Denture wax

Hitdabox

Hitdabox

Reaction score
Hey guys, been a techncian for a while. Mostly fixed but have been doing removable a couple years now. I'm looking for a GOOD carvable wax for denture detailing.. I have tried 2 different pink base waxes for setting teeth but I find its hard to finesse for my detail in festooning and making characterized tissue. What is your favorite wax for that? Cheers and thanks in advance.

D

Denture Dude

Reaction score
I’ve been using modern materials (kulzer) shur-wax for years. My fave.

Doris A

Doris A

Solutions
Reaction score
It's my favorite too, only problem is that it's on backorder, again! Grrr!

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
I have used nothing but @rc75 's since I opened. But I haven't used many types either. Ymmv

mightymouse

mightymouse

Reaction score
Our Kulzer rep came by and gave us a sample. She learned from another lab that a well rounded set up wax should pass the “slam test”. Having never heard of it I was interested in what a slam test is. So she takes our set up wax and slaps it against the bench. The wax cracks and you can visible see fracture lines. She then takes shut-wax (really dark reddish purple color) and slams it against the bench and nothing. Just bent but no cracks or fracture lines. So next time you go to a trade show and are in the market slap some wax, lol.

Doris A

Doris A

Solutions
Reaction score
Our Kulzer rep came by and gave us a sample. She learned from another lab that a well rounded set up wax should pass the “slam test”. Having never heard of it I was interested in what a slam test is. So she takes our set up wax and slaps it against the bench. The wax cracks and you can visible see fracture lines. She then takes shut-wax (really dark reddish purple color) and slams it against the bench and nothing. Just bent but no cracks or fracture lines. So next time you go to a trade show and are in the market slap some wax, lol.
What I really like about shur wax is when you set a tooth, it stays where you put it. It doesn't shrink when it cools.

M

MasterCeramist

Reaction score
We use Uhler dentals set- up wax. It’s not too brittle or hard to carve.

D

Denture Dude

Reaction score
Awesome. Does it carve pretty well?
It car
thats awesome. That’s something I’ve actually done myself. Most of the others either break if you slap them or are too soft to carve.

J

jVerroche

Reaction score
Gebdi wax is what I switched to haven’t used anything else since. A few years ago they came out with 3blocks of different pink shades that you can use to gingival tone your wax ups if that’s what your into and have time

rc75

rc75

Sponsors
Reaction score
We offer a 1 pound box of pink wax for $7. (Click on the image so it doesn't look blurry )

Attachments

• Pink Wax.jpg
    Pink Wax.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 12
Top Bottom