Denture teeth unavailable

D

Denture Dude

Reaction score
Anyone also having trouble getting teeth? Last few months I notice almost every time I order teeth, half are on back order.

Doris A

Doris A

Solutions
Reaction score
I've only had a few back orders so far, but my Ivoclar rep said last week that it wouldn't be a bad idea to stock up on what we use the most.
Not only teeth, but acrylic as well.

D

Denture Dude

Reaction score
I’m sure the big boys are getting priority

Rtyrelw

Rtyrelw

Reaction score
We use Vita and we are by no means a large company and have not had any issues with teeth on backorder. I ordered teeth once a week at least unless it's a special order and had no issues.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
No issues with Ivoclar blueline or phonares 2

kyleyounggun

kyleyounggun

Reaction score
No issues with Ivoclar blueline or phonares 2
I've had little issue with ivoclar. I mean I'm 10 minutes from their headquaters and we pick them up. Usually BL2 or 3 in A26 or A24B are backordered but only for a few days.

I'd recommend if someone needs economy teeth to look at Uhler. The owner is awesome and is straight forward about his stock and doesn't have an issue. He said he sales are up 40 percent this year because no one else can get teeth.

Or you can order South American teeth and get them instock and realize theyre 10 degree teeth with 3 teeth placed out with 20 degree. Or cards scraped off the mold and gave you something else.

I have a few doctors who are the cheapest of the cheapest but they're close friends (like family) and they don't want anything expensive. I ordered 1.40 a card teeth. I got 32F and they sent me 240 sets all with the molds scraped and they're all 33F 10 degree. They're considerably larger. Just grinding the distals of every posterior tooth to make it fit the arch. For some reason, patients that are on medicade or cheap get mad when they dont have all the teeth in their mouth. Back to 1st molar, or 1BI and 2 molars they throw a fit...

Yet people pay 40k for full arch zirc with only first molar.

JenCow

JenCow

Reaction score
Just had my first "teeth are on backorder" response today. WTF I didn't know those went on backorder!! I guess no more portrait IPN for my dentures.

Doris A

Doris A

Solutions
Reaction score
Just had my first "teeth are on backorder" response today. WTF I didn't know those went on backorder!! I guess no more portrait IPN for my dentures.
Since you're going to be using the Ivobase why not just switch to Ivoclar teeth? I had some A3 on backorder once but they came in a couple of days later. Call your Ivolcar rep and have him set you up with a stock of teeth. You're in Virginia so you should probably have the same rep as we do, he's always been a great help.

F

FASTFNGR

Reaction score
Anyone also having trouble getting teeth? Last few months I notice almost every time I order teeth, half are on back order.
Since Dentsply stopped selling certain type of teeth, it overloaded the other companies. And yes most of them have back orders and prices are going up. One company is Zhan raising the price and warning to stock up for the season.

bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score
Yeah portraits have had major problems started Fall 2020. Trubyte discontinued all tooth lines except Portrait and Classic, and moved production to Brazil. If I wanted Premium teeth, better choose another company. (Ivoclar, Vita, Pala)

mightymouse

mightymouse

Reaction score
We switched to Pala for premium and artic for economy. The wax the card of teeth came on for classic was driving our lab nuts. Way to sticky and runny it seem to never smear off. Curious if anyone has an issue with artic anteriors randomly having one or two teeth in the card slightly off shade.

bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score
We switched to Pala for premium and artic for economy. The wax the card of teeth came on for classic was driving our lab nuts. Way to sticky and runny it seem to never smear off. Curious if anyone has an issue with artic anteriors randomly having one or two teeth in the card slightly off shade.
Artic could be great teeth if they could match vita shades. But most are off. Not to mention that "stump" shading is awful. They need to be more monolithic or blended.

Last edited:
JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
Ivoclar teeth are better than IPN. Dentsply has more or less given up on traditional dentures so give up on them.

Does the company buy back partial or full cards? If so that is the problem.

bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score
Ivoclar teeth are better than IPN. Dentsply has more or less given up on traditional dentures so give up on them.
They've all almost given up on us. There's more money selling us a $400 bottle of Elegoo than a $20 card of teeth.

D

Denture Dude

Reaction score
We use Vita and we are by no means a large company and have not had any issues with teeth on backorder. I ordered teeth once a week at least unless it's a special order and had no issues.
I notice the only ‘vita classical’ shades that are offered in the mft line are A1, A3, C3 and D3, and then 13 shades from their ‘3D master’ guide. I already know my docs are going to get confused. ‘Oh well doc, in the case of A2, plz refer to 3D guide’ etc etc. Was this an issue for your accounts?