Denture Technician training

• Thread starter Jon the denture dentist
  • Start date
Jon the denture dentist

Jon the denture dentist

Reaction score
We have an in-house lab and have a younger lady that has learned quite a bit about removable from our head technician that has formal training. I was wondering if you had any recommendations for a course that will take her understanding to the next level. I am not looking for a weekend course or a two year program. Are there week long courses that you know of that would cover a lot of material for someone that has a year or two of experience under their belt?

Thanks!

Jon

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Send her to @TomZ .. or to Chicago for the weekend next month.

TomZ

TomZ

Reaction score
Jon- What areas of fabrication are you looking for refinement?

Jon the denture dentist

Jon the denture dentist

Reaction score
Mostly set ups, going over some of the guidelines and anatomical landmarks used to design and engineer a great denture, gingival anatomy and occlusal schemes as well.

bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score
Two years would not cover it. Give her a copy of the Air Force manual(s). Its free, thorough, and she can keep for reference.

Jon the denture dentist

Jon the denture dentist

Reaction score
Where do you get the manual?

I

Inna-Hurry

Reaction score
Please don't bs this person into thinking there is a career in removables the old skool way. If you do--- shame on you.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
This is a great reference also attached... candulor has a great one too.

Attachments

• VITADENTURES.pdf
    3.6 MB · Views: 41
Jon the denture dentist

Jon the denture dentist

Reaction score
We did purchase a lab scanner and a 3-D printer but I think that the fundamentals are pretty important whether she is doing things the old school way or the digital way. We aren't quite ready to jump into the digital workflow but we'll get there and I think that she will design a better digital denture after she gets a little more wax on her fingers. Thanks for the replies and resources!

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
We did purchase a lab scanner and a 3-D printer but I think that the fundamentals are pretty important whether she is doing things the old school way or the digital way. We aren't quite ready to jump into the digital workflow but we'll get there and I think that she will design a better digital denture after she gets a little more wax on her fingers. Thanks for the replies and resources!
Personally I think you've got the right idea. I can't think of an industry where cad/cam came in and took over that was not building ex nihilo whereas we must work with the many idosyncracies of human anatomy.

I

Inna-Hurry

Reaction score
She will make better money managing a fast food store. And have MUCH less stress. More and more Dr's that have no education in removables is coming her way.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
She will make better money managing a fast food store. And have MUCH less stress. More and more Dr's that have no education in removables is coming her way.
And what if you enjoy your work. Maybe you need to find some joy in your life somewhere. Or switch to decaf. Seriously dude, don't assume the worst, prepare for it, but don't assume it.

F

FASTFNGR

Reaction score
It is not fair that the ADA is not allowing denturist in all the state with more Drs have no clue about anything that is called removable let alone also ceramics and materials just because of profit that can still be made reguardless. Reports said that up to 17% of new Drs join a corporate office or an investment companies that buys dental office just to practice on people and have no responsibilities other than salary and production percentage. I would like to know, and just for the hell of it, if there is another profession that you can not sell what you do to the general public just because the association said so. Even pharmaceutical can do that with certain restrictions.

Wade Bognuda

Wade Bognuda

Reaction score
It's going to be a loooong row to hoe.

Flipperlady

Flipperlady

Reaction score
We have an in-house lab and have a younger lady that has learned quite a bit about removable from our head technician that has formal training. I was wondering if you had any recommendations for a course that will take her understanding to the next level. I am not looking for a weekend course or a two year program. Are there week long courses that you know of that would cover a lot of material for someone that has a year or two of experience under their belt?

Thanks!

Jon

Ivoclar and Dentsply have the best denture courses, look for the hands on courses at the lab shows.

I

Inna-Hurry

Reaction score
Irrelevant.

Last edited:
I

Inna-Hurry

Reaction score
It is not fair that the ADA is not allowing denturist in all the state with more Drs have no clue about anything that is called removable let alone also ceramics and materials just because of profit that can still be made reguardless. Reports said that up to 17% of new Drs join a corporate office or an investment companies that buys dental office just to practice on people and have no responsibilities other than salary and production percentage. I would like to know, and just for the hell of it, if there is another profession that you can not sell what you do to the general public just because the association said so. Even pharmaceutical can do that with certain restrictions.

I don't care to deal with the public for the same reasons dentists don't. 8 out of 10 denture patients are crazy. I want to make teeth--- not be a p/t Psychologist.