Denture Entrepreneur !

Flipperlady

Flipperlady

Reaction score
Finally completed. Not an updated photo of the outside as this was taken back in December. Rest are all up-to-date.
Started working in there this last week.
View attachment 29285 View attachment 29286 View attachment 29288 View attachment 29289 View attachment 29290 View attachment 29291 View attachment 29292 View attachment 29293

Very nice! Another consideration that if I were an employee would look for would be a lunch area (refrigerator and microwave) , restrooms that the public didn't use, and maybe most importantly the sound system, bad piped in music can ruin the day.

droberts

droberts

Reaction score
Sorry, I'm puzzled. What/how are you using a caulk gun for Ivocap material?

The caulk gun is used to push the Ivocap material out. Only fresh (soft) acrylic.
The soft acrylic is placed in the flask over top of my tissue tint. And is also used on
extra large cases to allow volume of acrylic in the flask to prevent any porosity.

droberts

droberts

Reaction score
Very nice! Another consideration that if I were an employee would look for would be a lunch area (refrigerator and microwave) , restrooms that the public didn't use, and maybe most importantly the sound system, bad piped in music can ruin the day.

There is another room that is not shown. Does have Frig and Microwave. Also used for my office along with scanning.
If you noticed, Bose Surround on the cabinet above the repair bench. I'm a music nut as well.
As for the restrooms. Normal sink, toilet, urinal, and an added shower.
Keep in mind and lesson learned from this project. Even though well are not open to the public, per say.
All had to ADA approved.

John in Canada

John in Canada

Reaction score
So you express a small amount of material out and then manually press it onto the areas where you have tinted the tissue? Does the tinting displace if you don't manually add the acrylic first?
When you have to repair a denture that later comes back into your lab, isn't it tricky to match up the tinting in the repair material-like if a fracture goes right thru your tinted areas?
Why would you add a volume of acrylic on an extra large case? Why not just let the injector express the acrylic into the mould, in the 5-10 minute phase before you put into curing unit? IF the red line on the injector shows at this point, you could take off the injector and add another capsule or add additional acrylic to your existing capsule, attach injector and start curing. Or the red line can travel a good 1/2" or more before you're in dangerous territory, so a little bit of line showing isn't a big deal I have found.
Just curious, maybe something for me to learn here.

droberts

droberts

Reaction score
So you express a small amount of material out and then manually press it onto the areas where you have tinted the tissue? Does the tinting displace if you don't manually add the acrylic first?
When you have to repair a denture that later comes back into your lab, isn't it tricky to match up the tinting in the repair material-like if a fracture goes right thru your tinted areas?
Why would you add a volume of acrylic on an extra large case? Why not just let the injector express the acrylic into the mould, in the 5-10 minute phase before you put into curing unit? IF the red line on the injector shows at this point, you could take off the injector and add another capsule or add additional acrylic to your existing capsule, attach injector and start curing. Or the red line can travel a good 1/2" or more before you're in dangerous territory, so a little bit of line showing isn't a big deal I have found.
Just curious, maybe something for me to learn here.

The tinting tissue can possibly displace. But it is added mainly added to keep from drying out before injected.
No issues with repairs, same tint can be used with cold cure monomer.
Keep in mind, this is a IvoBase, and not the standard Ivocap system. There is no red line, to release and add
another tube of acrylic. It does not work that way with the Ivobase machines being an electrical (digital programmed) machine.

GermanProdsnUS

GermanProdsnUS

Reaction score
Paladigital dentures are quite nice from Kulzer. They are heat cured after the PMMA try in. Quite an array of acrylic colours to choose from as well as the whole Kulzer line of premium teeth. Baltic Denture System also looks interesting as the puck to mill out is acrylic with real Merz denture teeth already processed on disc. Three sizes only though, small, medium large
The Baltic Denture System does have small, medium and large upper and lower keys however the corresponding BDLoad arches come in small, medium, large as well as choice of jaw widths in narrow, medium and wide with the set up to the 1st or 2nd molar. You also have a choice of 16 Vita Shades plus 4 bleach for tooth shade in either light or dark pink gingiva base.

D

Denture Dude

Reaction score
Start buying up any used removable equip. you can find. That's how I did it.
I worked in house 8 years. I also built my separate business there.
You can outfit a removable lab rather inexpensively and your return on investment
is really quick.
Best part is you wont have that monkey on your back when you go out on your own.
The benefit of course is you can be selective on who you work for if you don't have
a note to pay on.
The latest statistics from JDT and LMT indicate less than 10% of dentures fabricated in 2017
were done digitally. And of that number, most were labs who already had the equipment because they fabricate crowns and didn't know shinola about denture fabrication or couldn't find anyone to employ that does.
Tom Z is the man with the plan.