Denture Entrepreneur !

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
All while the lab risk there name on there quality. Who’s the dentist gonna call if something’s not correct? Imo the equipment/material manufactures need to stick to that and let us stick to the lab work. Instead most seem concerned with getting another piece of the pie. (As in doing part of the work and charging us for it)

As a owner I hate outsourcing. I’d much rather higher a member of my local community and pay them to do the work. I have more control over it and it keeps the money local.

With the kulzer system specifically I just don’t see the point of it. Atleast with the milled systems you can argue the fit and precision of the final product.
The labor pool to keep all tasks in house hasn' existed in years.
It's only going to get worse

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
All while the lab risk there name on there quality. Who’s the dentist gonna call if something’s not correct? Imo the equipment/material manufactures need to stick to that and let us stick to the lab work. Instead most seem concerned with getting another piece of the pie. (As in doing part of the work and charging us for it)

As a owner I hate outsourcing. I’d much rather higher a member of my local community and pay them to do the work. I have more control over it and it keeps the money local.

With the kulzer system specifically I just don’t see the point of it. Atleast with the milled systems you can argue the fit and precision of the final product.
You can't argue the fit of milled bases either.

TomZ

TomZ

Reaction score
from what standpoint? clinical significance or model fit, milled bases or Jiro Abe suction dentures?

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
from what standpoint? clinical significance or model fit, milled bases or Jiro Abe suction dentures?
Just my observation of diagnosic wax ups produced by cad. The intaglio often leaves a lot to be desired. I figure if they can't produce fit on our single pontic sized object, what's the likelihood a milled denture base is that much better?
I could be wrong, but I doubt it.

Denturion

Denturion

Reaction score
I have worked 16 years in two different home with a ( basement lab).

1. Health department
2. Separate entry to lab
3. Egress window in basement, fire escape required.
4. Approval from neighbors due to traffic, etc.
5. More than I can recall...

And last but least. If and when you decide to sell your home. The last one cost me $10,000 to the IRS right off the top.
Due to circumstances of the rental space I was occupying went bankrupt. In the process of new building & lab.
Started this project over a year ago. Starting the move this Friday. Will post some pics later to give you Denturion
my true thoughts and design of a efficient and profitable removable / implant lab.
Wish you the best!
Thanks Droberts!
Good luck to you too, good sir.
Any update?

X

XxJamesAxX

Reaction score
[emoji106]That’s as nice as it comes droberts, you should be very proud.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
Doris A

Doris A

Donator
Solutions
Reaction score
Nice! Love all of the Ivobases.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Finally completed. Not an updated photo of the outside as this was taken back in December. Rest are all up-to-date.
Started working in there this last week.
View attachment 29285 View attachment 29286 View attachment 29288 View attachment 29289 View attachment 29290 View attachment 29291 View attachment 29292 View attachment 29293
You really raised the bar on workspaces. That is a very nice looking place.

The tiny air compressor got me laughing. I assume that's a backup.

Edit:can't spell

X

XxJamesAxX

Reaction score
Are those Lista benches droberts? Are the dark blue ones the repair station and ivobase’s sitting on Lista also? I could use a couple like that. What is the caulk gun looking thing in what I’m guessing is your repair station?

Last edited:
droberts

droberts

Reaction score
You really raised the bar on workspaces. That is a very nice looking place.

The tiny air compressor got me laughing. I assume that's a backup.

Edit:can't spell

Small compressor is for doing chair side A04 conversions.

droberts

droberts

Reaction score
Are those Lista benches droberts? Are the dark blue ones the repair station and ivobase’s sitting on Lista also? I could use a couple like that. What is the caulk gun looking thing in what I’m guessing is your repair station?

Lista is the main benches of work place. The ones that the Ivobases are on, is Handler techrites that I had re-painted.
The caulk gun is used for the Ivocap material. Easier on the hands...

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
Lista is the main benches of work place. The ones that the Ivobases are on, is Handler techrites that I had re-painted.
I thought that looked like an injector capsule. Clever.

Doris A

Doris A

Donator
Solutions
Reaction score
Well I'm off to get a caulk gun, great idea!

John in Canada

John in Canada

Reaction score

Sorry, I'm puzzled. What/how are you using a caulk gun for Ivocap material?

Doris A

Doris A

Donator
Solutions
Reaction score
Sorry, I'm puzzled. What/how are you using a caulk gun for Ivocap material?
After the Ivocap acrylic is mixed there is a space of about an inch and a half between the acrylic and the end of the injection tube that must be closed up before you can inject. His idea of using a caulk gun to expell the air is ingenious. I inject just about every day, so I will be going to Lowe's today to get one, or I might just raid my husband's tool box.