Denture Entrepreneur !

Flipperlady

Flipperlady

Reaction score
The only digital dentures I make are the ones that the other lab thinks is 10 years away.

Good it's guys like you that can be the guinea pig and help get the price down so I can get in when the bugs are worked out and price is low:artist.png:

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Good it's guys like you that can be the guinea pig and help get the price down so I can get in when the bugs are worked out and price is low:artist.png:
Guys like me don't plan on lowering their prices.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Any experience with how digital dentures hold up with repairs?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
One specific I know is Dentsply/sirona uses lucitone 199 pucks and secures the teeth to the base with their fas-pour material. It's still every system for itself.

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
It's hard to explain but hold a microwave denture up to the major premium acrylics and you can see it. Maybe a little translucent, the acrylic shade seems different and if a dentist was really looking they would be able to tell the difference. That said the over all quality is great.
What major premium acrylics are we talking here?
Because it sounds rather subjective to me.

Flipperlady

Flipperlady

Reaction score
What major premium acrylics are we talking here?
Because it sounds rather subjective to me.

I'm scared what war I'll start if I say 199, but yeah.

Last edited:
droberts

droberts

Reaction score
You're opening the can of worms, there.

Obviously everyone who drops several grand on an injection system will say it's the only way.

All the one's who press pack will say don't drink the koolaide.

I recommend you use what fits your situation the best.

kcdt,
Your right. Thats a large can of worms...
I now have 8 Ivobase machines utilizing 20 flask. Keeps the work flowing very well with consistent results.
The bottom line is use the technique that best fits your budget, is consistent, and provides the results
that makes you a profit.

Did see the denture that was milled by one of the presenters at Ivoclar that was mentioned on here.
Will be attending to to view and ask questions. As much as I like to play with scanning, design, and software.
I do not see that it is feasible to even consider purchasing a mill, software, etc. Time will tell...

X

XxJamesAxX

Reaction score

Obviously everyone who drops several grand on an injection system will say it's the only way.

All the one's who press pack will say don't drink the koolaide.

I recommend you use what fits your situation the best.

I agree with this, remember your situation isn’t just what system can you afford. A major part of it is the level of clientele your going after. What there willing to pay and what there willing to put into the case.

I have many accounts that only do our economy denture, they send sub par impressions, we do the best we can with them, and they never send anything back for a remake. We have a understanding that we will do the best we can with what we have to work with. I know many labs that will not work with accounts like this, only want to work with the best mindset.

For me I care that they 1. Pay there bill 2. Understand we can only make it using what they provide us 3. Are easy to get along with

Providing these accounts an over manufactured product would essentially be a waste of money on my part. Some may agree with this and many will probably disagree with it but it’s my outlook on the situation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

X

XxJamesAxX

Reaction score
I realize I didn’t answer many of the op questions. Startup cost will vary greatly. 11 years ago we opened our denture lab with 50k. About 25k in equipment and materials and 25k in the bank for a cushion since we were leaving our old jobs.

We bought a mix of used and new equipment. Everything needed to press pack and do pours.

My best advice is to be prepared to penny pinch for about 3 years or so. Keep every expense to a bare minimum. Plan on making a lower salary then u currently are and working more hours. Biggest mistake people make when starting out is over paying themselves and spending to freely. I tell people plan on working twice as much as u currently do. Remember you gotta spend the hours getting the work, then you have to come back and do the work. It’s not easy, but it’s rewarding. Just not rewarding in a monetary way [emoji16]

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I'd rather do it different than everybody else and charge more.

2000markpeters

2000markpeters

Reaction score
We use high quality teeth Kulzer,Mertz and ivoclar, have been using ivocap for 35 years, customize tissue and charge over 800 for either upper or lower denture. You have to get paid for higher quality work. Never sell yourself short

X

XxJamesAxX

Reaction score
I'd rather do it different than everybody else and charge more.

What you getting out of your digital dentures RKM?

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
We use high quality teeth Kulzer,Mertz and ivoclar, have been using ivocap for 35 years, customize tissue and charge over 800 for either upper or lower denture. You have to get paid for higher quality work. Never sell yourself short

Respect to you Mark.
The race to the bottom mentality in this profession has been a cancer for too long.

X

XxJamesAxX

Reaction score

Your a lab getting 800 out of a single denture? Nice job if you do.
Unfortunately most would starve around here if they tried to charge those prices.

My guess is no more then 10% of dentist are willing to pay a lab $800 for a denture. Can u imagine if all labs were competing for only that 10%. I don’t think there would be enough for to keep me and my employees paid and busy only going after those accounts.

My previous post was not to be negative towards anyone only to mention that there is more then one way to skin a cat and there is plenty of money to be made making dentures that are not the absolute “best”.

Last edited:
rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Keep in mind James that in Canada, the lab fee is a separate charge to the patient.
I'm also referring to the OP when suggesting doing things different from the beginning .

I charge more than the competition.

X

XxJamesAxX

Reaction score
Keep in mind James that in Canada, the lab fee is a separate charge to the patient.
I'm also referring to the OP when suggesting doing things different from the beginning .

I charge more than the competition.

[emoji106]

I wish our lab fees were separate here in the states. That alone would do more for the race to the bottom then anything imo. Here the doctors desire to make a few extra bucks by skimping on the lab cost is hidden and it’s the driving factor in lower lab fees.