Denture Boil Out tanks...

highscore

highscore

Reaction score
I had a sale rep from a popular dental supply company come into my office asking why I don't have a boilout tank, claiming he had them on sale for just under five grand. I showed him the hotplate and canning pot... he gave up asking pretty fast

ArmDent

ArmDent

Reaction score
I love my Handler boil-out tank. View attachment 21277
I'm using same boil-out tank, but I have a problem with washing out flasks, water splashes out of flaks all over. I tried to control water flow - by decrising flow their is enough pressure only for 2 spouts and still splashes.
I'm wondering if you experience same problems, any suggestions how to solved the problem?
Thanks

M

mptz

Reaction score
Buy a good one from kava or dreve you will get years of service and best thing I ever did

denturist-student

denturist-student

Reaction score
Was using a table top fryer but recently bought a used labormat table top model and never looked back. The spray function is really good.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
I know this is an old post, but I am interested to see if you have a pic or the name of this product? The link is not accurate anymore. Thanks!
Yep, it's a Ball Freshtech electric water bath canner. 5 gallon capacity. Be sure to never use the steaming rack, the gromments at the handle will rust. It's about 12'' diameter at the big part and about 10 '' at the bottom. It fits 5 flasks not touching in a flower petal layout and is tall enkugh for 3flasks to stay under water.
My hardware store keeps these in stock, but I'm very rural.

You need to be aware of this as well:
You want to inspect it weekly. Where the tank connects electrically to the base.
Please read this to see why,

23785765-e139-40db-a1e4-ef7acf8aa147_1.88dc7e773aedc95e03317f1cca789d6a.jpeg

Doris A

Doris A

Donator
Solutions
Reaction score
I have a boilout story for y'all. We have a Nevin 5400 boilout/curing tank. Last Monday the sprayer stopped working, the pump had gone bad, so Tuesday I called Nevin to order one and while I was on the phone with them, Garland dental's name popped in my head. So I got Nevin's price for the pump and new hoses. I then called Garland to compare prices and while I was talking to Rebekah I mentioned how highly they come recommended on DLN and that's why I checked with them before ordering from Nevin. Am I glad I did! They had the hoses in stock but would have to have the pump drop shipped from Nevin. Garland's price was WAY better than Nevin. She contacted them and they said they couldn't ship it that day but would send it Wed and we'd have it Friday. Great! On Wed I called Rebekah to get a tracking # for the pump. She returned my call after I was already gone, no fault of hers because Nevin didn't call her until late. Well, they didn't ship it Wed like they said they would, no explanation why. Rebekah reminded them that they said I would have it Friday, obviously that wasn't going to happen. They shipped it second day Thursday and we got it Monday. so in the mean time I had to drag out the hot plate and boilout the old fashioned way, uggg!!! (yes I know I'm spoiled). So when the pump got here Monday we open the box that was beat all to hell by the 14 pound pump bouncing all around inside with only a little bit of PAPER to protect it. We prayed that it would work when hubby hooked it up. Luckily it did! There's another interesting part to this story, the pump was in a plastic bag that had Mestra written on it. I've seen Mestra products in the last few years that looked just like Nevin and I assumed that they were just a knock off made to look like Nevin...NOPE!!! Mestra makes Nevin's products. Let's say you were in the market to buy a boilout/curing tank, the price of a Nevin would run you close to $7000, and the price of a Mestra would run you HALF of that. The ONLY difference is the NAME on the front of the machine. So check out Mestra before you buy ANYTHING from Nevin. And again I want to thank Garland for their service, What a wonderful company to deal with. You don't find that much anymore. Great people and fantastic customer service!

Last edited:
N

nickate

Reaction score
I have a boilout story for y'all. We have a Nevin 5400 boilout/curing tank. Last Monday the sprayer stopped working, the pump had gone bad, so Tuesday I called Nevin to order one and while I was on the phone with them, Garland dental's name popped in my head. So I got Nevin's price for the pump and new hoses. I then called Garland to compare prices and while I was talking to Rebekah I mentioned how highly they come recommended on DLN and that's why I checked with them before ordering from Nevin. Am I glad I did! They had the hoses in stock but would have to have the pump drop shipped from Nevin. Garland's price was WAY better than Nevin. She contacted them and they said they couldn't ship it that day but would send it Wed and we'd have it Friday. Great! On Wed I called Rebekah to get a tracking # for the pump. She returned my call after I was already gone, no fault of hers because Nevin didn't call her until late. Well, they didn't ship it Wed like they said they would, no explanation why. Rebekah reminded them that they said I would have it Friday, obviously that wasn't going to happen. They shipped it second day Thursday and we got it Monday. so in the mean time I had to drag out the hot plate and boilout the old fashioned way, uggg!!! (yes I know I'm spoiled). So when the pump got here Monday we open the box that was beat all to hell by the 14 pound pump bouncing all around inside with only a little bit of PAPER to protect it. We prayed that it would work when hubby hooked it up. Luckily it did! There's another interesting part to this story, the pump was in a plastic bag that had Mestra written on it. I've seen Mestra products in the last few years that looked just like Nevin and I assumed that they were just a knock off made to look like Nevin...NOPE!!! Mestra makes Nevin's products. Let's say you were in the market to buy a boilout/curing tank, the price of a Nevin would run you close to $7000, and the price of a Mestra would run you HALF of that. The ONLY difference is the NAME on the front of the machine. So check out Mestra before you buy ANYTHING from Nevin. And again I want to thank Garland for their service, What a wonderful company to deal with. You don't find that much anymore. Great people and fantastic customer service!

FYI one of my Nevin hydrocolloid duplicating tanks has a Mestra tag on it. You are most correct on this!