Denture Boil Out tanks...

D

dborla01

Reaction score
Tom and KT...good points. Darrell.

Juko

Juko

Reaction score
Black cauldron over fire. Neighbor asks me if I'm creating potions for witchcraft. I said no, making a denture.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
Black cauldron over fire. Neighbor asks me if I'm creating potions for witchcraft. I said no, making a denture.
No that's just monomer. No smoking its highly flammable.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
You cant beat the effectiveness of a tool made for its specific purpose, but low volume a fry daddy works pretty good.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
You cant beat the effectiveness of a tool made for its specific purpose, but low volume a fry daddy works pretty good.
And you can make some chicken wings.

M

Martin Leca

Reaction score
Hi we use a Dreve Labormat SD we have two of them. we process 102 dentures everyday

N

nickate

Reaction score
I suggest you check with your acrylic manufacturer on the suggested water temp rise/rate before purchasing a "curing unit". The gorilla in the room here is how much water you have in the tank AFTER placing your flasks in VS. how fast it will come up to desired temp. IF IT COMES UP TOO QUICKLY... BANG. You now have porisity. (If you think it comes up too fast it probably does) My curing unit (Coe Brand) uses 3-4 gallons of water and works off gas. It comes up to temp gradually-- which is what you are looking for. Hurry this and BANG. You have porosity.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
Your going to do some testing your not just gonna throw 15 dentures in there at once and cross your fingers. If they aren't smart enough to figure this out they wont be in business long and we don't have to worry about them on this site.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
Also if your willing to compromise on the cost of your equipment your probably willing to put in a little more effort to make your purchase worth it.

pdent

pdent

Reaction score
I suggest you check with your acrylic manufacturer on the suggested water temp rise/rate before purchasing a "curing unit". The gorilla in the room here is how much water you have in the tank AFTER placing your flasks in VS. how fast it will come up to desired temp. IF IT COMES UP TOO QUICKLY... BANG. You now have porisity. (If you think it comes up too fast it probably does) My curing unit (Coe Brand) uses 3-4 gallons of water and works off gas. It comes up to temp gradually-- which is what you are looking for. Hurry this and BANG. You have porosity.
After my Hanau unit died, I bought an Oster turkey roaster from Target for about $60. It took a little while to calibrate the temp, but it brings the temperature up slowly and I have it attached to a timer that shuts off about 1:00 A.M. The cases actually come out better than my old Hanau.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
I did look into that. Rise of around 2deg C per Minute. Which for a 10hr 165deg F cure is just fine.
Also, if something heats too quick, adjust the knob as you see fit for temp rise. We are a spoiled society, automatic everything.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
I just use the ivobase and don't worry about this nonsense.