Denture Boil Out tanks...

T

Tanya

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
Great site!
I am looking for some help with respect to finding a boilout tank for dentures.
Any thoughts on what your using? I will be looking for one that has a built in 'flushing - boil out' option.
Thanks - I need to purchase it ASAP so any help would be greatly appreciated!

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
I use an electric kettle and a bucket as I am a small operation it cost me like 30 bucks.

DevonR

DevonR

Reaction score
we turned the hot water heater up to the max

M

Makes Dentures

Reaction score
...the Micky Mouse Show is in the house.... Encore is curing in turkey roasters!!!!!!

X

XxJamesAxX

Reaction score
$30 turkey roaster from target and a Dayton Coolant Pump to recirculate the water.

I'm not at the office now so I can't take any close up pictures but In the pic below you can see ours if you zoom in. For about $200 it works really well.

15c0e18fc7ade5f4137455900ebdbfda.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
$30 turkey roaster from target and a Dayton Coolant Pump to recirculate the water.

I'm not at the office now so I can't take any close up pictures but In the pic below you can see ours if you zoom in. For about $200 it works really well.

15c0e18fc7ade5f4137455900ebdbfda.jpg

Where'd you source the pump?

X

XxJamesAxX

Reaction score
Google "Dayton coolant pump" but they can be found on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Dayton-4JPG4-Pump-Coolant-115V/dp/B004KFK8NK

You have to build your own plumbing coming out of the pump but that's pretty simple and you can do it how ever you want. Mine is simple, just a 90 coming out of the pump, about 12in of vertical pipe, a 45 into a water spicket. All stuff you can get at local hardware store for under $20 and through together in a few minutes.

I will post better pictures Monday when I get to work.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Google "Dayton coolant pump" but they can be found on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Dayton-4JPG4-Pump-Coolant-115V/dp/B004KFK8NK

You have to build your own plumbing coming out of the pump but that's pretty simple and you can do it how ever you want. Mine is simple, just a 90 coming out of the pump, about 12in of vertical pipe, a 45 into a water spicket. All stuff you can get at local hardware store for under $20 and through together in a few minutes.

I will post better pictures Monday when I get to work.

Great, thanks, I really apreciate this.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
I'm currently using a Fry Daddy picked up on sale in the grocery store. $20 :)

Boilout. Drink coffee. cool. dump. refill. cure. Drink coffee. cool. dump.

X

XxJamesAxX

Reaction score
I'm currently using a Fry Daddy picked up on sale in the grocery store. $20 :)

Boilout. Drink coffee. cool. dump. refill. cure. Drink coffee. cool. dump.
This set up honestly works very well, I can boilout 12 units in 20min no problem. It heats up quickly so we only run it when we need it, and it's super easy to clean. So easy ours gets fresh water everyday.

At the lab I started in we had a 12k Kavo unit and as nice as it was it was a real pita to clean and apart from the hand spray nozzle really was no better then this $200 set up. I would much rather spend that extra money somewhere else in the lab.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
This set up honestly works very well, I can boilout 12 units in 20min no problem. It heats up quickly so we only run it when we need it, and it's super easy to clean. So easy ours gets fresh water everyday.

At the lab I started in we had a 12k Kavo unit and as nice as it was it was a real pita to clean and apart from the hand spray nozzle really was no better then this $200 set up. I would much rather spend that extra money somewhere else in the lab.

My old lab had one of those. I loved it. The handsprayer was fantastic for geting implant parts clean after waxup before finishing yo get wax out of the screw-hole. Teastrainer was great with those. I'd called them to get parts for ours, they no longer made them at all. Found a comparable unit for 20K. Yikes.

However, in town we have a restaraunt supply new and salvage and sales place...

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
...the Micky Mouse Show is in the house.... Encore is curing in turkey roasters!!!!!!
Mickey Mouse made lots of people happy, and made lots of money in the process. I think I'd take that as a complement. Edit: :)

S

Sp00n

Reaction score
Hot water urn

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

droberts

droberts

Reaction score
Of all the standards of the FDA requirements for fixed / implants. Wonder why they have never stepped into
the removable field of labs. Fry Daddys, turkey roasters, pressure pots, etc. Not saying its Mickey Mouse,
its frickin Goofy...

X

XxJamesAxX

Reaction score
Wasserman, purchased from Nowak.

The wasserman you have is rebranded Kavo? If I'm not mistaken???

If so do you run both boilout cycles as the manual states, one like 8-10 min cycle with flask closed, then open flask place back in and run another 6-8 minute cycle (times may be off I'm trying to remember from close to 10 years ago). If you do this do your flask come out completely clean, ready to pack/inject???

I ask because the Kavo we used if you run the 2 cycles as the manual stated we still ended up using a steamer to clean the teeth due to relying on the Kavo would end up with teeth popping out of acrylic, even when we cleaned the unit weekly.

We would have to boil out, steam, then clean with monomer before packing. Just the same we do now with our current Mickey Mouse set up.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Of all the standards of the FDA requirements for fixed / implants. Wonder why they have never stepped into
the removable field of labs. Fry Daddys, turkey roasters, pressure pots, etc. Not saying its Mickey Mouse,
its frickin Goofy...
I invite you to explain the difference between hot water made and kept hot by a $5k-$30k tripple faucet sink or kavo style boilout/washout (which is a mildly reengineered commercial dishwasher) and a hanau curing unit VS a temperature controlled water bath in a fry daddy with a temp knob.

Temp controlled hot water is temp controlled hot water. When did you last verify the temps on your equipment? I suggest my processing has the chance to be perfect on times and temps with great frequency as both are monitored by me on every case, and I don't need calibration.

Last edited:
droberts

droberts

Reaction score
XxJamesAxX,

Yes, the new Wasserman is similar to the older Kavos. Except for, all digital, different style of sensors that work very well.
Yes, I do clean around the teeth & partial frames with a steamer / just part as protocol.
Does the unit clean itself? Yes and no. Removes wax continuously, but does have to have water changed and fully
cleaned once per month. That is the schedule I follow. Follow that, the unit look like new for years.

JMN,

If you prefer to have a fry daddy, that's your choice. Hot water is hot water...

FYI...Patients are now more aware of whats happening in the lab business today more to day than 30 years ago.
I welcome any patient into our lab any day of the week. Myself, I would rather explain to a doctor /patient
of how a Wasserman removes wax over a fry daddy, or a turkey roaster to cure them in.
Also as for calibration, all digital. Automatically due to time / date settings hot water when I arrive at
the lab, shuts down at 4pm everyday. As far as calibration, its either working or its not. The same with
our Ivobase machines. Having six that have totally processed over 1800 cases, no issues yet.