Denture Base Resins and Teeth

D

Deena8484

Reaction score
But printed seem especially fragile. Or am I wrong?
Not at all. During a presentation at a fairly large practice I literally had a doctor throw them up against the wall like a freaking baseball they hit the wall and bounced off the floor. Didn’t break! 😱

bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score
Not at all. During a presentation at a fairly large practice I literally had a doctor throw them up against the wall like a freaking baseball they hit the wall and bounced off the floor. Didn’t break! 😱
That was the trick acrylic ones he had in his pocket.

bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score

Anybody remember the video a lab busting dentures with a hammer to show how strong Diamond D was?

Last edited:
Smilestyler

Smilestyler

Denturist
Reaction score
The curing unit for lucitone print has light plus heat. Dentsply has two versions. I think one is similar to the eclipse curing unit but I don’t actually have one to compare.

bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score

Last edited:
Gru

Gru

Reaction score
What resin?
Side note, many years ago when Procera alumina copings were the newest-best thing the sales guy for the lab I worked at would introduce them to the doctors and say they were so strong you can step on them, then demonstrate with his dress shoe. After a few of these visits, he went to a current account who happened to be the head of the state dental society and did his demo trick- you guessed it, it shattered!

D

Deena8484

Reaction score
What resin?
Side note, many years ago when Procera alumina copings were the newest-best thing the sales guy for the lab I worked at would introduce them to the doctors and say they were so strong you can step on them, then demonstrate with his dress shoe. After a few of these visits, he went to a current account who happened to be the head of the state dental society and did his demo trick- you guessed it, it shattered!
Wow I’m like a year late but anyway it was Flexcera! We were not planning on having a doctor throw a denture against the wall. Actually it was my two coworkers who went to give a presentation about custom abutments and I suggested they take some dentures just incase they are interested. Lol we did end up getting him as a client. One of my favorite doctors to deal with

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
I am seriously interested in Flexcera...
i intend to get busy with it.. testing, testing.

bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score
I am seriously interested in Flexcera...
i intend to get busy with it.. testing, testing.
Better bring a suitcase full of money.... That stuff runs in the hundreds per bottle

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
Better bring a suitcase full of money.... That stuff runs in the hundreds per bottle
it all runs in the 100's per bottle... and i have bottles everywhere. doesn't mean i'm going to pay for it :)

V

vdH

Reaction score
If Lucitone has validated their resin works on Asiga, that's the way I see it.
Say one is interested in printing this material on the Asiga, but is looking for some curing parameters that work (and practically any other curing box is available),where would one have to look for those? Normally I can guesstimate something but I really dont want to do that with Denture resin and Dentsply's IFU doesnt really give a hint from what I've found.

Smilestyler

Smilestyler

Denturist
Reaction score
There are 3 different Sirona curing units that Dentsply will approve. I am positive that they will not approve any other ones.

S

samthegood

Reaction score
Not sure if anybody is interested, but a year and a half later I have an update about my experience with Lucitone digital print. It was rough. Material seems mostly durable. Had a few breaks. Made 70 sets of dentures using it. Remade 68 of them. I believe the resin is okay, but the curing process wrecks the whole thing. I tried the large turkey oven style unit to start, and then switched to the newest curing box which cures faster. I think the issue is the heat. The small box gets to a whopping 100 degrees Celsius. They tell you to add support bars to the design but for fun I opened the unit while it was hot and took the denture out and it’s literally soft. Supports and all. I tried printing two identical dentures and using a putty model on the intaglio of one, and it wouldn’t fit into the intaglio of the other. Not only that, staining was a major problem. I tried every different variant of how to apply the sealer… I got rid of the whole system. It was an epic fail. But since I had invested 80,000 in digital denture gear including a 3Shape E3, 2 Asiga printers, Lucitone curing units, and an Otoflash, I decided to go all in recently. Bought an Ivoclar PM7 to complete the digital transition. All I can say is it’s night and day different. Occlusion is deadly. Fits are amazing. I made 3 identical flippers and they all snapped down onto the model exactly the same. It’s the real deal. Time will tell how they do for wear. I’ve been using strictly Vita Vionic DentDiscs and Candulor TCR pucks. They feel hard. But I’ll report back in another year or so and let you guys know how it’s going!

J

jeppe

Reaction score
Not sure if anybody is interested, but a year and a half later I have an update about my experience with Lucitone digital print. It was rough. Material seems mostly durable. Had a few breaks. Made 70 sets of dentures using it. Remade 68 of them. I believe the resin is okay, but the curing process wrecks the whole thing. I tried the large turkey oven style unit to start, and then switched to the newest curing box which cures faster. I think the issue is the heat. The small box gets to a whopping 100 degrees Celsius. They tell you to add support bars to the design but for fun I opened the unit while it was hot and took the denture out and it’s literally soft. Supports and all. I tried printing two identical dentures and using a putty model on the intaglio of one, and it wouldn’t fit into the intaglio of the other. Not only that, staining was a major problem. I tried every different variant of how to apply the sealer… I got rid of the whole system. It was an epic fail. But since I had invested 80,000 in digital denture gear including a 3Shape E3, 2 Asiga printers, Lucitone curing units, and an Otoflash, I decided to go all in recently. Bought an Ivoclar PM7 to complete the digital transition. All I can say is it’s night and day different. Occlusion is deadly. Fits are amazing. I made 3 identical flippers and they all snapped down onto the model exactly the same. It’s the real deal. Time will tell how they do for wear. I’ve been using strictly Vita Vionic DentDiscs and Candulor TCR pucks. They feel hard. But I’ll report back in another year or so and let you guys know how it’s going!
I would very much like to see pictures of that Lucitone staining with LC sealers? I'm weighing options to go digital with dentures, print/mill/combination...

S

samthegood

Reaction score
I would very much like to see pictures of that Lucitone staining with LC sealers? I'm weighing options to go digital with dentures, print/mill/combination...
Sorry my friend I didn’t take pictures of the staining. I had Jimmy Stegall from Dentsply stop by our office and give me some tips with regards to applying the sealant, but honestly, I had already given up at that point. Really helpful guy though. Very nice man. I’d highly recommend printing if it’s a monoblock situation, and milling if it’s a two piece. We are 4 months in with our PM7 and I couldn’t be happier.