Dentist's Fraud

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Try replacing a door latch at -10c
Try unlocking a car with inside the door tools at the same temp. Had to end up using air wedges to unfreeze teh door shut and then apply those oxygen activated 'hand warmers' to the side of the door to heat up the insides enough to move linkages without breaking something.

Y'know. Locksmithing was nasty and hard at times. but I only worked weekends and evenings when I got paid double time. I think I made the wrong choice

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Try unlocking a car with inside the door tools at the same temp. Had to end up using air wedges to unfreeze teh door shut and then apply those oxygen activated 'hand warmers' to the side of the door to heat up the insides enough to move linkages without breaking something.

Y'know. Locksmithing was nasty and hard at times. but I only worked weekends and evenings when I got paid double time. I think I made the wrong choice
Why did you pick locksmithing?

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Why did you pick locksmithing?
It's physical cryptography. Plus they were hiring, needed someone that knew which end of a soldering iron to hold as access control systems (swipe to enter stuff) had just started being in reach for stuff like the exterior doors for manufacturing sites to secure the outer doors and restrict access to the 'secure zones' such as the mainframe rooms as they were called.

Basic lock stuff is pretty straight forward, there's a number of doohickies that need to rise to a specific to that lock (you hope) amount and then the plug turns. After that, it can get odd fast.
The keys you see in movies that they use on Nuclear Launch scenarios, look closely, if it says MEDECO on the keyhead (also called the Bow (like a bend at the waist, not an arrow launcher) then it's the real type. MEDECO is one of the largest high security keyways in the US and they really do have the contracts for those purposes.
There are kits out there to put those locks into cars. Can you imagine being that paranoid? Like I said, it can get odd fast.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I Thought you would have picked up on the pun.

Pronto

Pronto

Reaction score
So your choices are being some panty sniffing sissy lala versus a hard ass jar head...not much of a choice if you ask me. Glad I chose wisely ;)
Sniffing panties is very satisfying passtime. There are medical benefits too.

Last edited:
sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
On the mechanic side, Ive been humbled by my audi yet again and threw the timing belt after replacing a thermostat last weekend.. So im either resetting the timing or the valves are bent and the head is mush..
what model?

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
On the mechanic side, Ive been humbled by my audi yet again and threw the timing belt after replacing a thermostat last weekend.. So im either resetting the timing or the valves are bent and the head is mush..
what model?
Again? Dude, you'd have fewer transportation problems with a horse.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Been there, done that. Now I write on the script, date, time & who I talked to.
I'm usually pretty anal about record keeping (nooooooo, who would have guessed) but this time I had a case in one hand going in the pot, another one coming out, a shoelace caught in my chair wheel and a small fire about to start on the bench as I left the paper towel I used to take cardwax off teeth too close to the alcohol torch.

It was a fun day.

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
Again? Dude, you'd have fewer transportation problems with a horse.
That’s why I am trying to implement my flying carpet once again, I may wait tell spring time thou, but no doors to unlock and no locksmith to deal with😊

Doris A

Doris A

Donator
Solutions
Reaction score
I'm usually pretty anal about record keeping (nooooooo, who would have guessed) but this time I had a case in one hand going in the pot, another one coming out, a shoelace caught in my chair wheel and a small fire about to start on the bench as I left the paper towel I used to take cardwax off teeth too close to the alcohol torch.

It was a fun day.
What? You can't multitask, and you call yourself a technician. Rofl CiaoRofl

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
I bought an 04 A8L as a mechanics special , it was left abandoned in the middle of an intersection, then purchased at an auction. I put so much work into this car, its an amazing car. I replaced the whole front fender, bumper.. painted them.. valve cover gasket. I had it purring, I was using it for deliveries and then one day, the heat went cold and it started overheating.. Stuck thermostat.. only problem is the thermostat on this engine is behind the timing belt, so you have to take off the bumper, radiators, cooling fans, and timing belt.. I got the thermostat in, but the tensioner apparently came loose and the timing belt jumped a few teeth when I started it, I havent dug in further.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
What? You can't multitask, and you call yourself a technician. Rofl CiaoRofl
I've yet to learn to write while holding the pen in my mouth. Joni EareksonTada won't return my calls asking to be taught.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
That’s why I am trying to implement my flying carpet once again, I may wait tell spring time thou, but no doors to unlock and no locksmith to deal with😊
I think you'll have better luck if you use some mashroob this time. You'd be convinced of your success at any rate.