Dental Wings

C

cap_yk

Reaction score
Hi all. I just found these forums. We have both Dental Wings and 3Shape in our lab and we have been using both for production for a few years now. Dental Wings and 3Shape both have bad technical support here in the US. If anyone has general to technical questions about either system, please PM me and most likely I'll be able to answer your question.

B

Buried1999

Reaction score
Hi all. I just found these forums. We have both Dental Wings and 3Shape in our lab and we have been using both for production for a few years now. Dental Wings and 3Shape both have bad technical support here in the US. If anyone has general to technical questions about either system, please PM me and most likely I'll be able to answer your question.

I am surprised to hear this since DW is located in Montreal.

Hi guys,

I would like to know how it works Dental wings (implant modulus),

someone has the demo??

help me please.

You can ask for a demo-installation thru DW website. I have some pictures related to the implant design including DW CAD, I can mail you if you PM me your mail address.

It is very easy to use if you right scan-jig and library to the specific impant platform/company.

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
With all the systems available why DW? Strauman has just taken a 30% stake in the company. No telling what that will mean. Could be good or bad. I know Strauman is still talking about keeping things closed.
I think you should consider 3shape. I have both DW and 3shape. We have two design seats for DW and 3 seats for 3shape.
designing a single CLA is about a 2minute design in 3shape. Everything is faster and you get superior designs in 3shape.
I am guessing you are look at DW to save some bucks. If so, keep in mind, you will pay additional money with every design you produce when compared to 3shape.
Lastly, if you really want DW you should touch base with Jensen as they will be releasing DW and the new Lava scan ST for very short money. I haven't seen the DW scan ST package yet but the scanner is definitely one of the most accurate. This has taken longer than anyone expected but they are now updating Lava milling centers and I'm sure they will be releasing the scanners in very short order at an unbelievable price.

doug

doug

Reaction score
Straumann will be DWOS software after the first of next year(2012) I expect it to be open to anything that Straumann doesn't provide currently. That's what they told me anyway.
As a frustrated Straumann scanner lab, I'm looking forward to the evolution of their system.

S

Swatch8x

Banned
Reaction score
I've been working with Dental Wings for three years now, started from their first version, which was very difficult to work with and had a lot of bugs. Since then every new version got better, and the latest version is really good, they have fixed many known issues from the previous versions.
Also the scanner is working well (I use the 3 series) and if the user is used with the software's basics you can design fast and quality copings and bridges.
From what I experienced here (Romania) the technical support was good, they took care of any problems, and we keep in contact with the Canadian technical support guy.

C

CMC_Tommy

Reaction score
Yes Straumann is purchasing 30% of Dental Wings, however Dental Wings as a whole will remain as an open system. Straumann on the other hand has not made this clear, but their scanners will be locked from what I am hearing on the grapevine.

Dental Wings has no plans to lock their systems, they came out as an open system and will continue to produce open systems.

S

Swatch8x

Banned
Reaction score
JayH

JayH

Geek
Reaction score
I had a case that needed a New Ancorvis attachment on both ends of the bridge. I made the necessary measurements and made the 3D patrix, then attached it and sent the bridge to be laser sintered. Today my client called me, everything was great. :D Here are some pictures:

ai1209.photobucket.com_albums_cc394_Swatch8x_new_ancorvis_case.jpg

Nice!
ai1209.photobucket.com_albums_cc394_Swatch8x_new_ancorvis_case.jpg

Y

YMS96

Reaction score
I am guessing you are look at DW to save some bucks. If so, keep in mind, you will pay additional money with every design you produce when compared to 3shape.

Are you saying that Dental Wings charges per design file? That cant be true...right?

There is pretty big price gap between Dental Wings and 3Shape. What are the yearly fees for the Dental Wings and any other costs associated with it, that way we can get a clearer image of the total cost of ownership for the system.

S

Swatch8x

Banned
Reaction score
Dental Wings offer such an option: pay as you go, in which you need a permanent internet connection and somehow you have a counter that adds up everything you do. Maybe they targeted some very suspicious users, that don't know if the volume of work will be enough to cover a regular license price, but it seems weird to me.
The cost per year for Dental Wings is 1200 Euro + Tax, at least this is what they charge us. No other costs involved (crown, bridge and partials),the regular version 3 version.
Someone who has 3Shape should post their cost to make a clear comparison.

Last edited:
Y

YMS96

Reaction score
3Shape license fee is around 1500 euros for the regular crown and bridge. For abutments and partial frameworks it's more.