Dental Wings Crashing

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
I am not sure what to do. We bought our DWOS 3 Series about 2 years ago. I have no qualms with how the scanner works when it works. Last fall, I was experiencing an increasing amount of system crashes. While placing the model jig into the scanner, the computer would "blue-screen" and then reboot. After spending alot of time with tech support at CMC, they finally shipped me a loaner scanner and took my scanner back to "repair" it. I got it back 2 months later. The scanner worked with no crashes for about a month before I got the first one. Tech support at CMC told me that Dental Wings recommends that I wear gloves while scanning. I guess they think it is some sort of a static electricity discharge that is causing the problem. The loaner scanner never crashed while I used it with no gloves. Since that call, the crashes are becoming more frequent. From one month to one every other week to now I have just had my second in four days. Has anyone else experienced this? I think that there is something wrong with the hard ware because the crash always happens when I place the jig into the scanner and the magnet snaps it into place.

C

charles007

Reaction score
I would demand a new scanner.. or loaner to keep, or a trade-in for the DW7..

PDC

PDC

Reaction score
Maybe a short in the cable connection or a bad card in computer...try a new computer.

C

charles007

Reaction score
When you had the loaner, did you use the same computer..
Also assuming your computer meets minimum spec and using windows 7
If your using windows 7, does your computer meet minimum spec for 7 and your cad software..
Just trying to rule of computer problems...

Last edited:
R

rickb

Reaction score
Can Dental Wings software be reloaded ? or Has anyone done diagnostics on your computer ? to rule out faulty components.

D

dentalScan

Reaction score
Did they check your software or computer before taking your scanner back for repairing? Do you use the same software or computer when using the loaner scanner? Did they give you the report after your scanner being repaired? What was the problem....